Followers

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Watch The Birdy - yes thank you spellchecker!

It's Wednesday again so it's time for another Stampotique Challenge, and today Corrie is hosting. Here's what she has to say 
"Hello everybody and happy Wednesday to you. I am hosting today's Challenge and I would like you to use pink and orange in your background. Now my mother used to tell me that orange and pink don't go together but because I am a rebel, I think they do !!! 
So I would like you to use pink and orange in the background of your project. I am looking forward to see what you come up with. Happy crafting."
Well I'm with Corrie's mum on this one, pink and orange don't go together, or do they?..
Yep I'm a convert now! I used various Tim Holtz paints in pinks and oranges, and filled in the gaps with the DI's. I thought the guys looked like they were having their photograph taken - can you see the deliberate mistake - seems like birdie isn't spelt with a 'y' but with 'ie' - meh whatever, if Corrie can have pink and orange, I can have birdy :-) This is my dads birthday card and he can't spell either (though my mum is a fully paid up member of the spelling police so I'm sure she'll tell him lol)
I've used France's Typewriter Alpha for the words and punched them out. The red outline is the lid from an old tube of Eco Green paint that fits perfectly.
What a handsome bunch Kitty Squad are! I love the way the yellow one is keeping his eye on Roc's birdY
For the card I've used
Splattered Mug
Kitty Squad
Typewriter Alpha
Splatter Circle
Flying Bird
It's a new month so remember there are 2 $30 gift certificates up for grabs if you join in, so get out your pink and orange and have a play. Hope you like mine, and thanks very much for looking x

14 comments:

  1. You can use any colour combination you want, you are in charge, same with spelling , when using in an artistic way anything goes lol.

    Go look up either spelling on Google or similar. Just had my eyes opened lol.

    Your card is beautiful, love all the colours, kitties are loads of fun:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Sue! There is so much art in that small space that I am amazed! You are right about that one kitty who appears to be keeping his eye on the "birdy" (yes, I, too, spell it with a "y"). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birdie/birdy piece is gorgeous, however you spell it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Sue, you rocked pink and orange totally :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dad is sure to love this card Sue, wonderful elements and I love your pink and orange together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pleased I have converted you, Sue !!! I love what you have made, so much going on !! And I don't care about spelling birdy or birdie !! lol
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much to look at, simply wonderful!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely Sue, I love a bit of pink and orange. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birdy can be spelled any way you'd like. Claim it's a British or American spelling (humour, humor, etc.) and that should cover it.

    As to the card, it's fabulous. I love the background you created, love the way you used the alpha, and LOVE Kitty Squad.

    I think the yellow kitty (kittie?) has his eyes focused on things on opposite sides of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card. I've always liked orange & pink together. And as for the spelling; 'birdy' = singular, 'birdies = plural. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks terrific to me Birdy and all :) The colours do go together though never would have thought that they would

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love that new header! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not a fan of either of them by themselves, but somehow together they work brilliantly! Love your little monsters, and fabulous vivid background - terrific, Sue!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.