Followers

Saturday 3 May 2014

Inspired By Carol Plume For PaperArtsy

It's time for the 3upers this week at PaperArtsy, which as it's to do with Twitter is way over my head lol. Carol has made a slide mailer with some Lynne Perrella stamps. Mmm I have history with slide mailers, some turn out very nicely, and some are filled straight away in the big blue filling cabinet under my desk :-) Seeing Carol's made me want to give them one more go, and seeing as I had 1 left I could almost hear Darth Vader saying 'It is your destiny Sue', so here's mine.

I followed Carol's 'recipe', as her's was pretty damn nice and I didn't want another one to end up in the bin!

I've used the opaque blues, Mermaid, Bora Bora, and Sky as I needed to cover up the writing on the front. It had one coat of Nougat, and one of blues, and it was totally covered. I even left it in the sun (yep we had a little bit of sunshine yesterday) for a couple of hours for the grunge paste to completely dry.
These images are the perfect size for the slides. I couldn't decide whether to have them facing each other or in a stand off, but for today they are playing nicely.
I've dabbed little bits of Inky Pool as well for a bit of contrast, and used Sapphire and Silver Treasure Gold.
I'm really pleased with how it's turned out, so thank you Carol very much.
I hope you like it, thanks very much for looking, and enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend x

14 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I really love the hand print on the back! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sue, this is amazing! Those images work so well with the gorgeous fresco blues. Now I understand what slide mailers are - I think! You are challenged by Twitter, I'm challenged by slide mailers! Never heard of them till now! Fab, fab work. I love it and what a brilliant idea to leave it in the sun to dry the GP. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well certainly no reason for this one to hit the big blue bucket is there Sue, it turned out fabulous and I love that they are playing nicely today. That hand print on the back is awesome too xxx

    Hope you are well, will you be off to Donny this time around?

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous Sue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous slide mailer Sue - definitely not one for the bin. Thank you for the lovely comments regarding my 3up piece. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fantastic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME slide mailer project Sue, beautiful colours and loads of yummy depth and texture! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! love that handprint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation Sue! Background blues are so fascinating and lovely used LP stamps. Also good weather in UK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic ideas and wonderful colours and textures

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing, sue and you make me smile too! Love the texture on this and perfect choice of images. I don't have that set so went for different ones but did a mailer too as I love them. Don't ever throw your work out, it is always great,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is beautiful Sue, I love the colours & the GP texture looks fab. I've got to get some slide mailers & have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Wow. WOW!!!

    I love this slide mailer. The color, the stamped, and the Grunge Pasted elements are absolutely wonderful.

    Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.