Followers

Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Most Mysterious Place

It's time for another challenge over at Stampotique, and this week Kathi has chosen Steampunk. Here's what she says 
As an avid reader of Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Historical Fiction, it's only natural that Steampunk imagery appeals to me. Here's some info for you about Steampunk that I found at online. (http://www.ministryofpeculiaroccurrences.com/what-is-steampunk/ )

"Steampunk is an inspired movement of creativity and imagination. With a backdrop of either Victorian England or America’s Wild West at hand, modern technologies are re-imagined and realized as elaborate works of art, fashion, and mechanics. If Jules Verne or H.G. Wells were writing their science fiction today, it would be considered “steampunk.”"

My challenge to you is to create a Steampunk project using your stamps and your imagination!
I must admit I did go through a little steampunk phase a while ago, so I had some idea of what I wanted (not that I stuck with the plan of course)
A painted background to start with, then some stencilling with metallic PanPastels. 
I then stamped

Tree has been stamped onto patterned paper and cut out
Owl With Wings has borrowed a hat from Mad Hatter for a steampunk look, and Wee Owl one from Gentleman Fox. Unfortunately this makes him look more like Al Capone than HG Wells lol.
Jo's Small Butterfly has been stamped and cut out and has been given a few bits and bobs.
I think her sentiment World All Her Own  perfectly describes this wierd gangster/steampunk world :-)
This was great fun to make, and I'm now exactly half way through my Stampotique MDF album. Who says I never finish anything - oh that would be me lol.
I hope you can join in, and unleash the punk! Hope you like it, and thanks very much for looking x

18 comments:

  1. Pure genius, Sue! There is so much going on here, but I love it all. You have so cleverly used the own and given him the greatest eyes! Just love that element. I have a lot of these same stamps and marvel that you were able to put this together, when I couldn't even have imagined it! I am impressed and awed, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al Capone looks very at home on your fantabulous Steampunk page Sue! Love how you put this together, all the colours and the doodled edge is amazing!

    Your large owl looks very like a Minion from Despicable Me, a film i enjoy very much. Thanks for the smile & genius page:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So much fun and each time you look there's something different to see!

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two owls look so cute love him in his hat! Half way through your stampotique album now ... Well done sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your background and that butterfly is on point! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun tag and the strange creatures on it. The owl looks great with a cowboy hat! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great piece of art, Sue. Love how you combined the different stamps even though little owl looks like Al Capone !! lol
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning art Sue, what more can I say!! Stunning :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab, love all the bright colours and the black and white border
    The owls eyes are wonderful, such a fun piece

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic!!! Your background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BRILLIANT! Loving all the little details ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it Sue, it's gorgeous. Fantastic background & every detail is perfect, especially the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fabulous Sue! Love your colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely fantastic, a great combination of terrific details and clever ideas, exactly what I love... :) Brilliant work Sue, very beautiful!!!! Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is brilliant Sue and what a stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful steampunk art work Sue, love all the interesting elements and super colours :D x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to get a chance to do some catching up - this is brilliant, Sue! Love the steampunk + nature combination, it's so much fun.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.