Followers

Friday 16 May 2014

May The Bluebird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose

It's Hip To Be Square was the brief from Valerie for this months Bombshell stamps challenge, but my main challenge was always going to be making anything without repeating my 'girl in a glass' (Man's Ruin) as I only have 2 sets of stamps. Here's what I came up with.

I started out by paper weaving, but it was a bit bright and my sewing machine ran out of thread - time for plan B...
A couple of coats of gesso and lots of stencilling later we have this. The skull is an Andy Skinner stencil and I've used beaded texture paste and Treasure Gold to colour. Enter my second set of stamps Love and Luck. All of the stamps are from here, and they've been coloured with Prisma pencils and triple embossed.
My dad used to sing My The Bluebird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose when I was little and I always though he had made the words up. A bit like 'hedgehogs toasting on an open fire' at Christmas lol, but it seems the song is correct and it's stuck with me for 50 years. My bluebirds of paradise are carrying the banner that's been attached with some springy wire so that it stands off the page. I did enjoy making this Valerie, thanks for the challenge.
I hope you like it, and thanks very much for looking x



16 comments:

  1. Atchoo!! Great work Sue :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love bead texture paste it is perfect for the skull! Fantastic card, so much going on it's brilliant. You can tell you enjoyed creating this beauty:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out wonderful Sue, I really like what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skulls,that bead texture paste sounds one to try!

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! The woven, gessoed,and painted background is gorgeous!

    I love the bead gel/Treasure Gold stenciled skull.

    I also love how you used the skull & rose from Bombshell's Man's Ruin set with the the roses and birds from Love & Luck set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow hun this is stunning just love this to bits the colours and detail fab hun hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely detail going on here. Like those bluebirds wit the wire across the page. I have never heard of that saying before. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the post and your creation. My dad used to make up his own words to song so it brought back a lot of memories for me.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good grief, that's stunning. SO gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post title made me laugh out loud, so I'm going to have to go and check out that song now! Love your creation - quirky, fun and original (like the lyrics!).
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found Little Jimmy Dickens singing it on youtube - love it!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very original and beautiful, I don't know the sing you speak about, but I love how you have used the Skull stencil in combination with these stamps. Gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card! I love everything about it! The background is too cool.

    Thanks for playing along with Bombshell Stamps May Pin-Up Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I love how the background is woven and altered - wicked! Thanks so much for playing along with the Bombshell Challenge - you crushed it!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.