Followers

Saturday 3 May 2014

In The Night Garden

It's been a very busy week over at PaperArtsy, and when I saw the doorhanger that Doreen had made I knew that I wanted to try it out. I've used tissue paper before but I've never really painted it, and I also liked the idea of using a dark background. 

 Doreen used black paint for hers, and I've used Baltic Blue, Eggplant, Squid Ink and Claret for mine.  I think I'm in love with Squid Ink!
I've used JOFY stamps for the flowers and leaves, these are lovely to paint 'cos they are nice and bold. I wanted some stars on too so I've used a mini stamp. The sentiment is one of Lin Browns. The tissue paper looks fab over the dark background, really grungy :-)
Thanks so much for the inspiration Doreen, and thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous door hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue that is fab! Love the bright smiley JOFY stamps with the dark background, really works :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hanger Sue! Pretty used Jofy's stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the dark background, the dots and stamps really pop against it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifull made, love the colours and stamps you have used. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful door hanger with great ideas

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is gorgeous! You have such a way with colour: I love the combo of colours on the background! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey, you've been busy!! Great hanger, love the colour combo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You used gorgeous colours Sue, your hanger is beautiful!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this doorhanger, Sue, and am thinking of making 3 for graduation gifts (along with the $$$$$) with the word STUDYING on them! Hopefully, while at college, some of my nephews might use them! Not likely, but I like the idea! Your is great, and I love that darker background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hun this is really beautiful hun those colours are amazing hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these JOFY stamps too, and your hanger is really lovely!! It's a delight for my eyes this morning to look at all your last makes Sue, they are all great! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's something so enchanting about this doorhanger.

    I truly love everything about it, but especially the color scheme.

    Gorgeous piece of art. It should come live with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.