Followers

Thursday 15 May 2014

If You Liked It Then You Should Have Put A Tag On It

First of all I apologise for the title, but this was going around in my head the whole time I was making this. Secondly I'm a day late because someone has stolen May! So we'll pretend that it's a Wednesday in April, and time for Kaz's Stampotique challenge, which is Put A Tag On It. Here's mine (you may want to put on dark glasses about now)


Hope your eyes aren't bleeding lol. I wanted to make a journal page, so started with lots of paint and sprays, and stamping. I was quite happy with it by this stage.
But then I thought, why not a stencil?
And then a bit more painty stamping. Right Sue, it's done, walk away and make some tags...
Same style and colour palate, but with some metallic PanPastels through a stencil too. The tags didn't really stand out when I stuck them down, so I decided to tear the page out of the journal so I could stitch on the tags.
I love these flowers, and how well the old stamps work alongside the new ones. Well done if you're still with me. Lot's of stamps used on this one.
Journey Collage
Vintage Script
Splattered Mug
Splatter Circle
Dandelion Duo
Spidergrass
Sunflower (large)
As I hope you can tell I enjoyed every minute of making this, though I decided it might be easier to burn down my craft room rather than tidy it up! I hope you join in with our challenge and put a tag on it!
I'm also entering this into the Fashionable Stamping challenge which is Circle The Globe - lots of circles going on here, and
Country View Crafts Nature'S Glories.
Hope you like it, and thanks very much for looking x

15 comments:

  1. oh no no no, now i will be singing the title of your blog post all day long to Beyonce's song!
    but the piece is gorgeous, that makes up for it as it will turn the song into an inspiring tune!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha love the title but now you have put that tune in people's heads!

    I love the vibrancy of this,really fun piece

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colourful page, nice to see some sunshine! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant title and very apt, great song to be inspired by, love your humour lol.

    Fantastic Tag on tag action Sue:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does look like you enjoyed yourself, it's just gorgeous Sue! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and the white looks great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a whole lot of fun creating this, it shows !!! Great bright colourful, fun piece !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool, that rocks. Such a great creation, love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I am going to be singing the song all day. Love your take on the title.

    Great piece of art with wonderful colour combos.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning creation Sue, so many details and gorgeous colours!!
    Wishing you a lovely weekend :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't always like my art, Sue, but, when I do, I usually really, REALLY like it. You have every right to love this piece (whether it be a journal page or a wall hanging)! It is so full of color and wonder and life! And, yes, I love your post title! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those colours are amazing!!! What a beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zingtastically fabulous Sue! I love the colours & the white works brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great piece and it does look as though you had fun doing it - wonderful colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  15. No apologies necessary - the second fabulous post title in a row... and a fabulous, fabulous make to go with it!

    Absolutely in love with the colours and the layers and the life and movement, and those wonderful tags. Brilliant, brilliant make!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.