Followers

Sunday 4 December 2022

Happy 1st Christmas!

Good morning and a very happy Sunday!

As you may know, my beautiful granddaughter was born seven weeks early in October (she actually isn't due until this Thursday!) Thankfully she is now safely home, and I got my very first cuddle last week! Of course, this will be her very first Christmas, and I shall be taking lots of photos, so I have altered a frame to keep my favourite one in.

I've used papers from the Relatively Thoughtful Magic of Childhood and Reindeer Christmas collections, and I think they work beautifully together.


I started by taking my plain white photo box and applying black construction tape around all the edges. This now means that I don't need to paint them, and it's a nice surface to stick my papers to.


The front pieces have been carefully measured, the corners mitered, and all the edges inked.


Even with the careful preparation, it's always nice to see that they fit lol.


I've tried to use non-directional patterns as at this stage I don't know if I'll be putting a portrait or a landscape photograph inside.


This is the backing board that the photo will sit on. It's just under 7x5 so I can trim a little bit off a 7x5 photo. You know what I just said about non-directional.... Doh!! Never mind, as these collections are both available as digital downloads I can just print another sheet and use the other side if I go with portrait - it will be the poshest back to a frame ever!


The gorgeous rocking horse is part of a cut-apart sheet in the Magic of Childhood collection. I've heat-embossed it with sparkly powder - well it is Christmas!


It's really hard to show the sparkle in a photograph, but it is there. The embossing powder also adds strength to the card.


This is how it looks in landscape.


And we are going to pretend that the reindeer aren't standing on their heads for the portrait shot! I promise that no reindeer were harmed in the making of this frame 😂😂.



These fabulous collections can be found here in the store.

And there is always new inspiration daily on our Facebook page and group.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing, and thanks so much for looking xx


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful frame, andx I'm sure your little cutie will look great in it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets which direction.... Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful frame Sue and I love that little rocking horse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this. The rocking horse is gorgeous xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased your granddaughter is back home.
    Enjoy all your cuddles :)

    This is a beautiful looking frame, just love the rocking horse.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.