Followers

Tuesday 1 March 2022

Mother's Day for Country View Crafts

 Good morning and a very happy Tuesday. It's time for a new challenge over at Country View Crafts, and today the lovely Evelyn has chosen Mothers Day.



I started by adding some colour to my card, very roughly using distress inks.

Then using my trusty homemade stencil I added some gesso circles in various sizes.

I've had this Lisa Horton stamp for quite a while, but not used it very often. I thought it would look nice on my colourful background, but it didn't show up too well.


So I added some colour back in with my Distress pens and a little bit of white ink. I also added some stamped circled stitches to add a bit more interest.
My Mothers Day stamp is by Woodware. It may not come out very often but it's a lovely, useful stamp.

This is the Lisa Horton, and Woodware stamp that I've used, and Susan has a great range these goodies here in the store.
This is a fun challenge isn't it, so I hope that you join in!
Have a happy and crafty March, and thanks so much for looking x



10 comments:

  1. Oh my what a Fantastic Mothers Day card. The colours are stunning. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Looks like we had the same idea with the bokeh effect (smiles!) and I love the stamp - gorgeous 😀. Happy March! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Sue, you always make such fabulous backgrounds and thats a very interesting stamp (feeling tempted !)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colourful card dear Sue! The background is amazing.
    Have a wonderful March!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Sue ! Bokeh is wonderful ! Have a lovely March ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sue...I adore that stamp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely card for your mother, using a beautiful stamp ❤️
    Happy crafting day dear Sue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Sue!!! I love the background with circles it's so unique!!! Have a happy March!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those circles are amazing Sue, what a statement background for any stamp. So glad to see you too are giving some love to unused or older stash, i'm so guilty of stamp neglect in my greedy collection. You've created a super card, the stitched edge sets it all off a treat.
    Happy March hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Sue. Adding colour to the stamped image made all the difference! Have a great Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.