Followers

Thursday 17 March 2022

Bleeding My Own Blood For Country View Crafts

 Good morning and a very happy Thursday. Today I'm over at Country View Towers with my second project for our Mother's Day challenge. 

I really thought that I'd cracked it with this style of card, but pride goes before a fall so they say. It also goes before my card falling to pieces, and me sewing through my own finger as I tried to join it all together again!

I started by choosing my lovely papers. These are Stamperia Imagine in both 12x12 and 8x8.


This is how the card looks when it's closed.

And my trusty Mother's Day stamp has been stamped on a leftover scrap.

This is my favourite part. My lovely lady has been cut from the 12x12 pad, and the frame is a Tonic die. I even made a little charm!

I'm really happy with how this one turned out (eventually) and that I didn't bleed all over it!

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing, and thanks so much for looking x








9 comments:

  1. The card is absolutely gorgeous, but sorry you sewed through your own finger, too, ouch! Hope it's better now. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is gorgeous. So glad to learn I am not the only one that does things like sew through my finger. One of my other favorite thing to do when I'm sewing is get too close to the machine and have the thread thingy that goes up and down bash my forehead. Not as bad a sewing (or stapling) my finger but still one of those things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, I hope your finger is okay again!
    Your card looks spectacular and the papers are stunning!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Sue I know it's more than an ouch when we catch fingers in the machine, I've been engrossed in the moment many times. Definitely worth the blood sweat and tears, those stamperia papers are one of my fav's beautifully designed my friend and I really love the extra embellishing.
    Hugs for the weekend Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular card indeed!!! Beautiful work with these gorgeous papers, Sue.
    Well, I hope your finger doesn't hurt too much yet! And that you're ok now, poor girl! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! This must be so painful... Still, a beautiful card with such lovely papers, great shape too. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, ouch from me too Sue! Your card is nothing short of spectacular - I love the papers and the design of the card is one I have never seen before, but is stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, poor Sue!!! I hope your finger is better now! But your card is amazing!!! I love the unique shape and the stitching as well!!! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. "sewing through my own finger as I tried to join it all together again!"
    Oh no! You don't want to do that!

    It's a beautiful card ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.