Followers

Thursday 5 July 2012

You've Been Framed

Over at The Altered Alice the challenge this month is red white and blue.
I started by gessoing then painting my little frames with Dylusion paints. I then stamped them with the tiny stamps from my Cherry Pie Art Stamp plate.
Note to self if I ever do this again, you can unscrew the little attachers before you start painting - this would have made cleaning them up soooo much easier lol.
Alice has been coloured in prisma pens.



















The Queen has been stamped onto some text paper.
More prisma's for Tweedledum and Tweedledee.
Do you like my beautiful display stand, it started life in the kitchen as a mug holder, then made it's way into my craft room for me to hang my scissors from. I have about 6 pairs but could never find any, so mug tree to the rescue lol.
Head on over to The Altered Alice for lots more of the red, white and blue.
Thank you very much for looking x

14 comments:

  1. Fab frames Sue and love the colour combo with the stamps etc.

    Lol re finding out you can unscrew them all at the end!!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project! What fun it exudes! Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea to split the colours up like this - it would be a temptation to put them all on one piece, but this makes each frame/image work well in itself and with the others. Clever use of a mug tree. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, gorgeous colours and style! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to showcase red, white and blue. I love your frames, great use of the Alice images. Thanks so much for joining in The Altered Alice challenge Sue. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these little frames, and ofcourse I adore the Alice images ;-)
    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation.. love the coloured frames...great idea with the mug tree... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those frames. They looks very joyful :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW lovely frames, they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! Ssuper cute! Just love it, espeicailly the stamping right on the frames. Thanks for joining us at The Altered Alice. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice! What a charming wall piece, I love the painted and stamped frames, they show off your framed images perfectly. Good job on recycling the mug tree to another purpose, LOL! I'll have to remember that trick! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a wonderful hanging. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever idea! I really like the image stamped on text. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute and decorative love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.