Followers

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Fifty Shades Of Grey

Made you look, made you stare...
No it's not THAT fifty shades of grey (which I have not read by the way but I don't know how much longer I can resist) this is Alice's version.
My Tag It On team-mate May has chosen 'Following Alice' as her theme, and the elements needed are Alice, the rabbit, and a situation - plus at least one real stamp.
Alice's bottle wasn't marked drink me, so she knew that she wouldn't shrink, but it was marked 50 shades of grey (in very scruffy writing) so that should have been a bit of a give away about what would happen to her - and judging by the White Rabbit's shifty expression - he did it!!.
The background is a combo of Dylusions in fuchsia and yellow, then masked and a light spray of lime over the top. The usual mix of text stamps and silver paint and the background was done. The foliage was punched from various Basic Gray and Prima papers.


The Alice, Rabbit and Mushroom stamps are all by Stampotique, and have been stamped in black Archival and coloured with Twinkling H2O's. My but it's been a while since they've been out of the box, but they work as well as ever. 
Alice has been coloured with Prisma pens in a mxture of greys - she really should learn to stay out of trouble!
Please pop on over to the Tag It On blog for loads of inspiration then get stamping!


I'm also entering this into the 
Anything Goes Challenge which is Anything But Square, and
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Hey Girl.
The Stampman - Summer Colours/Anything Goes
Thanks very much for looking x



18 comments:

  1. Great take on the theme and you MUST read the books I have only just started to read the first one (had a book on the go I needed to finish) but Amy (daughter) has nearly finished the last one now and thinks they are fab she says she can't wait for the others to out now (from Christians side) so get reading !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh its waiting on my pile of holiday books,haha. But you created a beautiful situation with a lot of very nice details,i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular tag... I love your new take on what's in the bottle, and the fungi are hilarious! Gorgeous make...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Alice, and she seems to read good books....Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Sue, love all the Stampotique you've used - I'm in ore of your fabulous collection of their stamps

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue it's been glorious here again today hope it lasts need some sun desperately
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic, such a wonderful bright colored tag. Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning tag, love it. Full of details and cool ideas :-)
    I find it a bit difficult, not sure about the 'situation' part ... plus it has been quite a while since I read it. We'll see.
    Fab work; best, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous tag .
    Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun tag, love the colouring, awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag Sue ♥ Great story behind your tag :o))That rabbit!!

    I was thinking I was the only person left in the country having not read the book!! Nice to hear I'm not alone.. for now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. a great tag and a great story!that is one shifty rabbit! i love the tag and i love the story too! trace x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tag! So funny to put 50 Shades on it! Don't do it... Don't read them... You know what happened to Alice when she couldn't resist!!! I havent read them and am thinking that I won't.... Yet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic tag and the colours are terrific.

    I have just bought the trilogy and started the first book--dare I go one I wonder!

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This so reminds me of films of the late 60's/early 70's (repeats on the tv of course!!)where the characters have psychedelic dreams!!! Love the idea and the way you have put it together. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this tag Sue, 50 shades of WHAT!!! not read it either.. not sure my heart could stand it tee-hee only joking.. but no I have'nt read it yet!! Brillant tag & story... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tag is incredible! The more I look at it the more I see. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.