Followers

Sunday 1 July 2012

Femme Fatale

 The design team over at  Stampotique are challenging us to think outside the box this fortnight, and create something different to our usual. This seems very harsh to me as I love my comfort zone thank you very much, and see no good reason to leave it lol. So, casting said comfort zone well and truly adrift, I had a rummage around in the top drawer, and right at the back, in an unopened box (why do I do this??) were some microscope slides  and slide mailers. So, never having done this before, should I just do a single one - no of course not let's start with a double, Doh!
I started by painting my mailer in bronze VerDay paint, then spraying with the patina solution to make it go all green and speckled, great effect on chipboard - not so good on your breakfast toast. This has then been over stamped with French Text.
The slides were put side by side then stamped with the Femme Collage in black stazon. I stamped the stamp again on acetate so that the patina would show through, then again on Paper Artsy metal card.
This is the outside, stamped onto the metal card again. I've stamped the 'femme' again on black with silver for a little bit of contrast, and a portion of the Beauty stamp.
This teeny thing took me hours to make, but it was fun, and it does look very nice IRL. As Neil said, another for the 'what are you going to do with that pile'. It's our wedding anniversary in the next couple of weeks, 30 years (all medals gratefully accepted and well deserved) - he may not make it lol.
I'm also entering this into Hels Sunday Stampers challenge which is 'silver'  Mmm David Essex ..... anyway have a great Sunday - Spain to win the footie tonight, and thanks very much for looking x

31 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, you do make me laugh! I appreciate that this must have taken hours to achieve, and boy what a result! Ignore him indoors (mine says nothing, just looks at me with a 'gone out' expression when I come bouncing in with a new project!) Enjoy the footie later and have a great rest of Sunday. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, great idea, and love the images you have used! Enjoy your footie! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning entry! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH, me likey lots! Beautiful work, just love thse images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Sue,you made me chuckle at your post,my other half Hun hates my work,and is always telling me I should,be back at play school if I want to play with paints,and things.
    Anyway do not get me started this is amazing Hun honest the detail is fantastic,the image,s come together so well,and oh it just works,brilliantly Hun,love it hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous....a lot of work but soooo worth it ! xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  7. This may havetaken a lot of time but boy it is worth it! IT is stunning! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous, Sue! I love it! I too have some slide mailers that I have never done anything with. Congratulations for 30 years - you have 7 years on me. try not to do anything you will regret!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your smashing mailer and would love to know the name of the lady stamp and where you bought it, have been after this for ages. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue, you did go for it with a double slide mount, great job

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic piece of Art. I love it Sue. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning indeedily, it does you good to step outside the comfort zone - well I do tell myself that sometimes (from the comfort of my, erm.. .comfort zone lol) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper... Happy Anniversary to you both too! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab result, looks so good, love all the detail Sue:0)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your art this week - all that silver and patina etc. It may have taken ages to do, but it was definitely worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could never tell you were out of your comfort zone with this, it is a stunning piece and all the work you put into it really shows. Happy Anniversary.......I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous creation.. simply Brillant work.. love it!! Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Top job Sue, stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is super cool, love how you stamped on the microscope slides. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fantastic, great piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous work Sue - love what you have done

    ReplyDelete
  22. fabulous creation, love it

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous Sue your crafting outside the box is amazing I love it.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Only me again! Thanks for your lovely comment and so glad that you are going to have a go with your Configurations box, I was worried at first too but it is sooo much fun, please do have a go! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous Sue there's so much detail in it. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sue
    WOW
    This is positively stunning in cannot believe this is your first time altering a mailer.
    Not too sure if this is you outside of your comfort zone - you look too comfortable!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne
    P.S. Thanks for your lovely comments which are so much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic piece of artwork Sue. So happy you took on the challenge, it's always wonderful to see your take on them. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    Wishing you a wonderful Anniversary, I hope you get spoilt!

    Gez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wowzers, this is awesome! I can believe that it took you hours - it's a masterpiece! I'm so glad you tried something new and joined us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.