Followers

Friday 3 June 2022

Cosmos Album Part 2 For Country View Crafts

 Good morning and a very happy Friday. Today I'm sharing a couple of pages from my Cosmos Album for our latest Seeing Stars challenge at Country View Crafts. I followed a brilliant tutorial from the Scrap Queen, who is one of my very favourite mini-album makers. Please note that anything good about my pages is totally down to her, and all the mistakes are purely my own! They say you learn by your mistakes - I'll be a #**##* genius by the time I've finished this!

All of the pages are built out of the book and then added at the end. I really like this way as there's less chance of messing the whole thing up!


This is page one. It's made mostly with Cosmos papers, and there's also a little bit of First Edition North Star.


The page opens up for photo mats. They are all a little over 6x4 so just right for photos.


Then opens up again for more photo mats and a large pocket.


And this is page 2, using one of my favourite pages. Do you remember those mistakes that I was talking about? The inside was done first and then the pocket was added. In a moment of madness I didn't triple check the inside layout, and I added the bottom of the pocket to the top DOH! To be honest, I don't think it matters and it kind of takes the pressure off. It doesn't have to be perfect now.


This is the page opened up (and highlighting mistake no.2. I've put the small waterfalls in back to front - they start from the last picture rather than the first one!) Ok, swiftly moving on....


There's another 6x4 waterfall at the top, using one of my favourite pages again. There are also 2 photo mats that fit in the pockets.


The waterfall pictures have been mounted with acetate so that none of the lovely paper has been covered up.

All things Stamporia can be found here.

Also check out Scrap Queen's fabulous tutorials here.

There are 8 pages in the album, so only another 6 to go lol. I'm really enjoying making it but I want to take my time and (try to) get it right. 

I hope you like my pages and join in with our challenge. Please remember that stars or astronomy must be the main focus of your pieces.

I hope you have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend, and thanks so much for looking x



3 comments:

  1. Hope you've had a lovely weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album is beautiful, Sue!!! Well done!!! I love the closure of the album!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't focus on the mistakes, Sue, at least you have actually made the album! Mine is still in the design phase (just in my head)... It looks gorgeous so well done! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.