Followers

Friday 17 April 2020

Pretty In Pink

Good morning and happy Friday, I hope you had a lovely (if a little unusual) Easter.  I know I'm really looking forward to next year to do properly all of the things that we are going to miss this year.
I'm over at Country View Crafts today with my second Animal Magic project, so here it is.

This is for my daughter who turns 30 this year. Eeek where does the time go! A pig may seem like an unusual choice, but she's loved pigs since she was tiny, so as soon as I saw the Pink Ink stamp set I knew that she would love it.

 I started with my 'go-to' inky background using my favourite oxides.

Then added some stamping and stencilling.


 I wanted my pig to be looking over a garden wall, so I used texture pastes to give me a wall and some fluffy white clouds

 I've also just received some of the amazing Seth Apter Izink Ice so some of that had to go on too. It goes through a stencil beautifully and dries quite quickly too. I also stamped and embossed my pig so that I wouldn't have to fussy cut her hair - in times of social distancing no-one gets a hair cut!

 I added some Granite Paste to my wall to extend it and give it some more texture.

 And some white stamping to the Ice to help it to fit in with the background.

 Here's my pig watercoloured and fitted into place on her wall. She looks very sociable don't you think.

 And just so she doesn't forget that she's the big 3 0 ....

So there we go a pretty in pink pig for a special birthday (which isn't until September but I do like to tie my challenge pieces in with something specific. It keeps me focused otherwise my brain has far too many tabs open lol)
I hope you like it, and there's still loads of time to join in with us. Thanks so much for looking, take care, and stay safe xx

10 comments:

  1. My gosh... for a pig she looks so pretty! Love the way you put her behind the wall and it is a brilliant card for a special birthday. (I hope your daughter doesn't read your blog!)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty, pink pig! You made another gorgeous card, I'm sure your daughter will love it. Have a nice weekend in spite of all we're not allowed to do thanks to 'Corrina'! Take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and I'm sure your daughter will to.

    The years simply fly by don't they, let's hope that when she celebrates her birthday in September things are more normal!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, love that piggy wig and your fab textures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone would love this card, pig lover or not, it’s fab. I’m waiting for some of the Izink ice colours to arrive.
    Stay safe, love Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable pig, and an even more adorable card!!!!
    She will love it!!
    Happy Sunday Sue, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought I would say this but that is one pretty pig! I hope you don't forget where you put it by September... I know I would. Hope you have had a good weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, Sue!!! So fun!!! The background with the garden wall is just awesome and the pig is so cute!!! Take care!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card - wishing your DD a very Happy 30TH Birthday

    Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Sue! As always by reading your post you made me laugh, thank you for that =)
    Take care and stay healthy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.