Followers

Saturday 11 April 2020

Give Yourself A Hug ('cos no-one else can)!

Good morning, happy Saturday, and a very happy Easter weekend. Well, this is different isn't it! Though to be honest nothing much has changed. When El Grumpo was working he would never go out on a bank holiday 'cos "Why would I want to join a traffic jam" and now we've retired every day is a holiday!
Stampotique has a fun challenge this fortnight, it's to use your favourite quote. Well I didn't want to pick a favourite, and you can't make me, so I've chosen 3!

I started by making my background with ink, paint, and texture pastes, then added some stamping.

 Then I chose my characters that would fit nicely on the Memorydex cards.

 And then found a fun quote for them! You've gotta love Miss Snottie!
And the Dwarfy Gnome.

And if I had to pick a favourite it would be Hug Monster.

I'm entering my trio into the 
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, Add Some Texture, the
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is a Spring Mood Board, and the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge for April.

I hope you enjoy the Easter weekend, even if it is only from the back garden. Thanks so much for looking, and stay safe x

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, my fave is the hug monster, we all need hugs just now. Have a good weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the hug monster too, he is just the cutest ever! Happy Easter to you too. The term El Grumpo just made me laugh out loud, that is so funny, I do hope you get some trips out after this lockdown is over.

    The cards are lovely and I really like the sentiments. Stay safe and well. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hug monster is defo my fav Sue, we all need to give ourselves a BIG HUG... we are all doing so well c'mon! I think we all have an El Grumpo in our lives, but i've always had the same thoughts regarding Bank holidays & traffic jams.. especially with three kids in the car! Fab index cards Sue and very well matched quotes. Happy Easter Sue take care & stay safe xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trio of treats, Sue - I can see why didn't want to have to choose between the sentiments... I think the gnome is probably my true favourite, but the monster probably has the better attitude for these unsettling times! Stay safe, stay well and happy Easter.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, love the colours and textures and your choice of characters and quotes
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge
    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fabulous trio!!!!
    Great make for the challenge Sue, using beautiful quotes and fun Stampotique characters.
    I have a memorydex too, never used yet, what a shame... Soon I hope! You make me wish to play with it now haha :))
    Hugs, happy Spring, continue to stay safe. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're fantastic! Really love them.
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I mentioned on Facebook, these are awesome! Thank you for joining the Stampotique Originals designers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't these all great :)

    In these present times I am sending lots of virtual hugs to the family, thank goodness for the inter-net!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely precious! Thanks for sharing with Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous!! Ex. Thanks for joining us at Stampotiques challenge. Xoxo Milo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are wonderful
    thank you so much for joining in the challenge at Stampotique
    Love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.