Followers

Sunday 29 January 2023

I'd Sniff You First!

 Good morning and a very happy Sunday. Today I'm sharing a fun card made with the Relatively Thoughtful Vintage Ladies and Gents collection. 


I'm sure Sally didn't have this sentiment in mind when she designed these beautiful papers, but I just couldn't resist!


I started by adding some inks through a stencil to my base card. Although the papers are perfect as they are I'm still an inky stampy girl at heart! I picked a stencil that was close to the design on the paper and used inks that matched the original as I wanted them to complement rather than take over the original.

There are lots of fabulous cut-apart sheets in this collection, so I've chosen two and added a little stencilling again.

This is my base card. It's a huge 10x7 inches as the cut-aparts are so large. I always like to stitch my papers to my base as wonky stitching covers up a multitude of wonky other things!

I thought it would be nice to turn my images into tags. I inked the edges to give them a nice frame, but I was a little heavy-handed with them. Time for more wonky stitching....
You see, I told you it covered up a multitude of sins lol.


This little guy was part of the same cut-apart sheet, and I knew he had to be the star of my card. I've added him to some black card so I can bulk him up a little and give him a frame.


So as my card is nearly finished it's time to start changing it right?? I decided where all my bits and pieces were going and then added some stencilling in the same colours and design as the inks. Time to walk away for a couple of hours and let it all dry.


This has to be one of my very favourite quotes, and I love how it bridges the gap between all the elements.

And here's my finished card again. Two very dapper gents and a snarky dog!

These are my lovely papers, and can be found here in Sally's store in both digital and A4 paper formats.
As always there is lots of new inspiration every day on our social pages.

Have a very happy week whatever you are doing, and thanks so much for looking 







3 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! That means your cute little poochie would likely smell ME first, too! LOL It's a great birthday card, Sue, and so fun in every way ESPECIALLY with that unexpected sentiment! Fantastic card!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little dog steals the show for me, it just would not be the same without him. Hoipe you're having a nice week, still cool here. Hugs Anbvgela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this Sue, it's BRILLIANT :)

    Enjoy the remainder of January and have a happy month of February.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.