Followers

Sunday 8 January 2023

A Vintage Ladies and Gents Folder

 Good morning and a very happy Sunday. Today I'm sharing a folder that I made for my A4 collection of Vintage Ladies and Gents papers.


 I started by gathering my papers, together with the cardboard packaging that I was going to use. It's a couple of inches larger than A4, so perfect for storing my papers without any danger of bending them.
First of all, I prepped the envelope by going around the edges with construction tape. This makes it nice and strong and just gives it all a nice black edge to make the colourful papers pop!
I hadn't really noticed the shaped edge until it was time to cut the papers! I just popped them inside the envelope and drew around the edge. Once the top was the right shape I could just cut the bottom to size. 
I also added a little bit of stamping with a script and a music stamp to add a little more interest.

I joined the two sheets with a panel in the same colour and with the same stamping to tie the two together. I would normally have added some stitching at this stage but my sewing machine was buried in wrapping paper, ribbons, and bows lol.
The other side was a lot more straightforward as at least I had straight edges lol. I stamped my two sheets and joined them again with a panel.
I knew that I wanted to use the cover sheet so I simply matted it on a piece of black card cut from an A3 sheet. Now it was just down to the decoration.

This side was simple, I just added the cover sheet.


For the yellow side, I fussy cut some of the vintage ladies from one of the sheets.

Then I stuck these down and added some stamping again to tie the foreground images into the background.


These images are so lovely - just look at those waistlines though, she didn't get any chocolate for Christmas!
As you can see there's plenty of room for the A4 sheets.

And by adding the cover sheet I know exactly (ish) what's inside!

The collection can be found here in Sally's store, in both 
physical A4 format.
As always there is loads of inspiration on our socials.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing how this came together, take care, and thanks so much for looking x










4 comments:

  1. A fabulous folder Sue.
    Don't the ladies and gentlemen look well dressed and elegant :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue this not only looks great but it's useful too, brilliant! Happy creative week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady. Hope you're having a really great time. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.