Followers

Friday 3 December 2021

The Angels Want To Wear My Red Shoes

Good morning and a very happy Friday. Today I'm over at the Ink Art Designs Stamping Playground with some quite (very) old Dylusion stamps. Dot has recently added to her Dylusion range so I thought it was a good time to blow the dust off some of my stamps.


This is quite a big piece, it's a 10x10 inch hardboard Bind It All cover.
I started by painting it black. My reasoning was that it was a lot easier to then stencil in white.  If I went wrong, black can cover up white, but it's much harder to cover up black with white.
I stencilled the edges first, trying my best to keep the pattern going, then I did the insides with some nice bright colours.


These are the stamps and stencils that I used. Lulu (the cat) doesn't have any legs, so I borrowed some from Little Lulu! She does seem to be giving Winston a bit of a look, so I thought the sentiment went well!

As I was choosing the ink for her shoe colour I was thinking of the Elvis Costello song, hence my post title.
Dot has a fab range of Dylusion products here in the store - don't worry, they're not all as old as mine! I have to admit I love the quilting ones, so I can feel an update coming over me.
Have a lovely day whatever you are doing, take care, and thanks so much for looking x





3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue. Lulu sure does look as if she is giving Winston the once over lol. The words go perfectly with these images. I always love seeing what you come up with.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise how big this piece is, the stencilling looks fabulous and the characters are just such fun. Wishing you a happy weekend. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to believe that the Elvis Costello song was released in 1977!
    Always enjoy seeing your craftwork.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.