Followers

Wednesday 17 November 2021

A Toadally Happy Birthday

 Good morning and a very happy Wednesday. Today I'm over at the Ink Art Designs Stamping Playground with my second project for this month, and it's a fun Katzelkraft birthday card.



This is quite an unusual one for me in that the base card is the only real layer and the background is stamped directly onto it. Usually, I have lots of layers, so if anything goes wrong I've not lost everything.
Also, I've added the sentiment right at the beginning, 'cos last time I made a card like this I didn't leave enough room for it!
So, the base card has been stamped and put aside to dry. I just love the water drops stamps, they look so dimensional just stamped in black.
Then I coloured the torn paper outline and water drops with my weapon of choice, which was Prisma pencils. I then cut out the holes, and added a layer of acetate to the card to stiffen it up.


I coloured my lovely frogs with Prisma pens and pencils.
This is Lord of the Frogs sat on his lily pad just waiting for a tasty morsel to fly by. His froggy bodyguard doesn't look too impressed!

I like how the images look just sitting on the acetate!

And here they are sitting amongst the foliage.

These are the stamps that I've used, and Dot has an amazing selection of Katzelkraft stamps here in the store.
I hope you have a lovely day whatever you are doing, take care, and thanks so much for looking x




4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue. The frogs really DO look like they are floating! The different expressions on the frog's faces are priceless.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your card Sue!!!!!!! cos I love frogs of course, haha!.. And for many other reasons moreover :)
    Thanks for this so cute card, it put a large smile on my face lol
    Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing card ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this card is an absolute delight, I adore frogs and these are just fabulous. I love how you cut out those holes, the ripped edges stand out beautifully. The lily pads look amazing. I just love everything about this wonderful card! Apologies for my lateness, bit under the weather. You really made me smile, thank you! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.