Followers

Wednesday 4 March 2020

Do I Smell Cake

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Today I'm over at the Ink Art Designs Stamping Playground with a fun card that I made with Katzelkraft and Lost Coast/Carmen's Veranda stamps.

I started by mixing my Brusho's with a little bit of water. Did you know that Dot now stocks Brusho's too? I love these amazing pots of colour, they are just so versatile.

I knew that I wanted a jungle background, so I wanted bright colours, but nothing too overwhelming.

I stencilled over the top with a foliage type stencil and added some orange and purple splats for my jungle flowers.

Everyone knows how much I love the Brusho Sprinkle It's so I had to add some of these too. 

My images were stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with Peerless Watercolours.

When they were all coloured I clear embossed them so they are now nice and shiny! The stamp sets are all by Katzelkraft and can be found here.
I knew that I wanted a fun quote, so I chose this one from Carmen's Veranda. There's a great selection of these quotes in the Lost Coast section of the store.

Who could fail to love this snaggle-toothed lion lol?
If you love your Katzelkraft stamps or any of the brands that Dot sells, please join in with our challenge, you could be our lucky winner this month.
Have a very happy day, and thanks so much for looking x






7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, and the smell of cake would lure me into or out of the jungle! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he got his cake in the end! Your Brusho backgrounds are terrific. I have a set of them and shame on me have only used them once or twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment says it all really, what a wonderful one for a birthday card. The lion looks a bit cross so I am guessing he didn't get his cake! I love your Brusho background, not heard of Brusho Sprinkle so will have to investigate those! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's marvellous - definitely king of the jungle - and I love the colourfully wrapped presents.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sue! Definitely king of his special day! Thanks for showing all the steps - I always enjoy the photos so much because I can pause and really look at each step. That stenciled background certainly looks like birthday confetti! It's a wonderful creation with so much dimension and FUN! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, and I enjoyed the guide you've given too.
    Thanks.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.