Followers

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Using Thread for Art Journey

Good afternoon and happy Wednesday. I hope everyone is well and coping with the Covid 19 outbreak. We were due to be in Dubrovnic from last weekend with my sister and her husband, but that was cancelled the day before we flew, so we had a lovely few days dog walking with her.
The Art Journey challenge Facebook group has a monthly challenge, and this month it's to use thread, so this is what I've made.

I was lucky enough to win the January challenge and chose the lovely Ben as my prize (or at least a stamp of him lol)

 I started by die cutting some black card with a Studio Light die, and adding some gilding wax.

 Then I stamped Ben on some mop up and leftover card.

 Then I die cut some Studio Light papers to make my background.

 I stitched these together and used some of the smaller stamps on the Ben plate to make my background.

 I also die cut the Ben stamps.

 Then added these to the background.

And here it is all together. 
I really enjoyed making this as it's a 'just because' piece. It's not for anything, doesn't do anything, I made it just because I wanted to!
I'm also entering this into the Craft Stamper TIMI 'Anything Goes' challenge for March.
Thank you so much for looking, and above anything else, stay safe xx

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous piece, love all the sewing. Sorry your visit had to be cancelled. My neighbour is sad, too, as her holiday got cancelled. Have a great day, look after yourself. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way I am glad your trip was cancelled, it would not be great to be stranded away from home at the moment, but sorry you missed your holiday!

    The Ben stamp was a great choice (congrats on your win) and he looks great on your wonderful stitched hexagon background, love the steampunk look. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous, great collection of stamping.
    Stay safe
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. Attempting to stay safe and well but this virus really is a disruption to our daily lives. Can’t log onto any grocery sites fora delivery slot so what option have we got but to go out ourselves. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's great!!!
    Fabulous collage and idea!!
    That's sad when we must cancel all our planned travels and journeys... especially when it is also the occasion to meet up very good friends or family members and spend good time together.
    At least, we can create Sue!! :D
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool - love how you've layered the cogs to have the frame all the way round, and again the stitching adds fab texture and interest to the whole piece. Brilliant!

    Sad to hear about your trip. I was supposed to be in the Czech Republic this week liaising with builders... no go, obviously - so it's all still happening by phone - not so easy, but it is what it is. Stay safe.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many holiday plans have been cancelled / postponed, but perhaps something to look forward to when this virus situation has passed …

    I do like the texture of your piece here Sue.

    Take care and stay well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.