Followers

Saturday 1 December 2018

Noel for Country View Crafts

Good morning and happy Saturday - welcome to December. I know that I say it all the time, but where did this year go! So what could the December challenge at Country View Crafts be??? Yep, you got it!

There are many stamp companies that I love, but I have to say that no one does Christmas quite like Tim Holtz, and I find myself coming back to old favourites year after year (and buying new favourites of course)


 I started by making two gelli prints, one in pink, and one in blue. The pink one looks red in the top picture, and you'll be seeing the blue one in a few days.
 I stamped Tim Holtz trees from an old Christmas set using Distress Oxides. I also added some script. I liked this but it looked a bit in your face.
 So I toned it down a little by adding some white gesso spatters, it really makes all the difference.
The Noel stamp is also from an old Tim set. I added a black layer and stitched it onto my base card.
I did say that I was using my old favourite, I've had these Bigz dies for many years. I've cut them out on chipboard and added patterned papers.
And here we are, all done. Neil always says that I should make a few of each card, but I never know how a card is going to turn out until it's done. Now I've made the first one though I know that I could make a few more, but where's the fun in that lol.
I hope you have a very happy December, and thanks very much for looking x

12 comments:

  1. A wonderful card with amazing ideas Sue. Anything with sewing gets my vore everytime

    Thank you for commenting at Jumbled Crafts

    Have a great weekend

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, TH does Christmas like no other crafting brand… You have to give it to him, the detail on the caroler, wow! Love your colour combo, Sue, Christmas but with a twist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Sue!!! I love the pink background with those circles, stamping and gessoing and I agree, the Tim Holtz products are the best for Christmas!!! Big hugs and happy December!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card ! It is gorgeous !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning - I love this Sue - fabulous combination of tim goodies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is a beauty Sue, I love the gorgeous background you created. I never bought that dapper guy die but you have me wishing I did, he looks so elegant! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Sue re Tim...his Christmas stamps and dies are 2nd to none. Your card is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this one and liked it instantly; great non-traditional pink and great contrast with the traditional images! Fabilous card! Have a great week and enjoy your christmas house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vivid and eye-catching. I love the fir trees, and the alternate colour palette is fab.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Tim-card, dear Sue! The white sprinkles add a wintery feeling to the card on top! Perfect in every detail!
    Have a wonderful Advent time! Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nearly missed this one, great card Sue and love the background technique too. Merry Christmas, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful info with the how-to's!!!! It is so appreciated!!! You always have good humor in your posts/blogs. So much fun and easy to read!
    vstmania.org
    SAM Broadcaster Pro Crack
    VPS Avenger Crack
    Blue Cat’s PatchWork Crack

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.