Followers

Monday 3 December 2018

It's Gonna Be A Blue Christmas...

Good morning and happy Monday. Well we've spent the last 2 days getting the Christmas decorations down from the loft, and turning our house into Santa's grotto. It's not that we're slow (though I am) but that every year there's something new to put out. Last year we bought Christmas bedding for everyone - changing 3 beds in 1 day is not my idea of fun! 
Anyhow, here's my second piece for the County View Crafts Christmas challenge. Speaking of CVC, you must check out their legendary Advent sale, there are fabulous bargains to be had everyday until Christmas.

 Don't look Mum and Dad, 'cos this is your Christmas card!


 I started with a Gelli plate background then added lots of Tim Holtz stamps.
 I love this Tim Holtz Thinlit's die - this is how I would write if I hadn't been bitten by a spider as a child!



 Ok these bigz dies may be old, but I love them. The Bigz and Edge dies cut through anything, and just 'cos it's old stash doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used, so there! The deer and trees have been cut on chipboard and patterned papers so they really stand out.  I had to give my deer some tinsel scarves, cos as Noddy would say It's Chriiiiiiiistmassssss. Right, now I've planted that song in your head I'm going to step away...

I have to say, I really like this card, and now that I've done one and I know where everything fits it would be easy to stamp and cut a few - maybe next year...
I'm entering my card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge Anything Goes.
I hope you like my card, and join in with our fun challenge. Have a very happy December, and thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love all the wintry blues. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good song that you planted but I am resisting humming it just yet... lol. I love those older dies too and you have made a wonderful card with them, great background too! Hope you have a good week. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Sue!!! The detailed comment is on the CVC :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A terrific card and still the best Christmas song by a long way

    Our stuff is still in the loft so far and the rain today is so awful it won't be coming down yet. Well done for being organised

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the herds of deer leaping around your bluesy landscape. It's a fabulous card, and I'm sure your parents will love it. Congrats on getting the house decked up... we do it all much later, but then keep it up for the full 12 Days until 6th Jan. My favourite bit of Christmas is that quiet time after all the kerfuffle of Christmas Day and New Year!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!
    I really like this card too :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such a stunner card, Sue! I love all the fab details and the tinsel scarf for the deer is a burner!
    Big hugs! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one ! Merry Christmas !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Sue - I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, great card and just popped by to wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Creative New Year. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great card Sue. Sounds like you've been busy. I've managed to find a few nice items at CVC Lol! have a great Christmas, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sue ,I`m sorry for my absence but my little family have visited already from 21`th so I have been very busy . I so love this card for your parents , it is so beautiful and so wintery lovely , and with the layers of trees , like looking into the deep deep wood. . I wish you a very Happy New YeaR, and all the best for you and your family for 2019 . Big hugs and kisses from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.