Followers

Saturday 13 January 2018

Hello...

Good evening and happy Saturday. I've had a bit of a play day today. Loads of things that I should have been doing, none of it got done, but I had a really fun day. This is what I made.



I've had these Paperbabe stamps and stencils for a couple of years now, but I've only used them once. They're the mini's, but they're a really good size - this is an 8x8 album. I'd seen what the lovely Tracey had made at New Beginnings, and it made me want to have another go, so after spending 45 minutes trying to find them (they were exactly where they should be, and where I looked first grrr) I had a quick You Tube recap on how to use them.


I stamped and drew her onto watercolour paper, as I wanted to use my watercolour pencils. Then I put clear gesso over the top to give it a bit of tooth. This sealed it perfectly, there's no budging the 3 dots that I'd left for the eye, nose, and mouth lines. Grrrr number 2!


I used my Inktense, and the 4 Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils that I own lol.



I made the background by die cutting some patterned paper. It's a bit of a new years resolution to try and use some of the mountain of paper that I have. I used up 4 here - result! I liked how it looked, but thought it was a little bit boring.



Sewing machine to the rescue - I much prefer it now! I showed it to Neil before and after the stitching and he couldn't tell what I'd done. This is the man who notices if I've moved his glasses a millimetre to the left!



I've made her a dress out of more paper (that's 5 now) and given her a sentiment and some sequins to cheer her up a bit. I had great fun making this, just 'cos I wanted to!

I'm entering her into the following challenges
Paperbabe Stamps - Anything Goes
That's Crafty - Feeling Blue
Simon Says Stamp Monday - Winter Blues
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Use Patterned Paper
Happy Little Stampers - Watercolour
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies
Craft Stamper TIMI January


Have a fun weekend, and thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous! Glad you had a fun day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello sue. super fun card, great job on the background! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Amazing card, Sue. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! Glad you had a fun day crafting and making such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue, i'm honoured really proud of you for finding the templates and stamps out, i'm guilty of this more than often with so many crafty purchases. You have done a marvellous job and now used the platforms to create more portraiture with them, you will become addicted! She has great character, Thank you for joining in with both That's Crafty & Paperbabe Challenges.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha Sue, sounds like me....making stuff when I should be doing other stuff!! Fab creation and so lovely to see you over on the That’s Crafty blog again
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this Sue ! It is fabulous !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, I'm loving this. Good use of the patterned paper too, I know that feeling and must try and use some up this year. Other stuff can wait there is always tomorrow. Have great weekend, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning page to your album, love what you have done and great post to...Thank you for joining us at Paperbabe Stamps Challenge and hope to see you again and good luck in the draw...Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, she looks amazing, love the stitched background too. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great watercolouring - she looks great!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Slightly late getting here Sue but so glad I finally made it as your creation is a stunner. Lovely image and love the patchwork background too.
    Thanks so much for entering our blue challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you lots of luck.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! This is truly a remarkable card! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.