Followers

Thursday 21 December 2017

Not Many Sleeps Now

Good morning and happy Thursday. I'm really happy to be sharing my second piece for Country View Craft's Christmas with the option of red, green, and rust challenge.


Of course it's a Christmas card, don't you know the big guy will be here in 4 days!


I started by cutting a 7.5 x 7.5 piece from a really old Christmas stack by Tim Holtz. I don't know what it's called, and the front cover fell off years ago.


Then I painted over with washes of gesso and DecoArt quinacridone gold. That's the rust sorted!


I used the same paper to cut out some of the Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettias. That takes care of the red and green!


You can never have too much rust, so I painted on some Prima Brown Rust Paste onto a very glittery plastic fern. When it was dry I added some more quin gold paint.


It was starting to take shape a little now. I'd also stamped a Tim music stamp from the really old set, the one with the street lamp on. There's some of his tissue tape there too, and the 'snow holes' have been created by a die from the Winter Wonderland set.


At this point, I realised that it was going to be a totally Tim card! I've cut out the festive gent, and also 'Noel' from the Vintage Tidings set. I'm ashamed to say that it's the first time both packets had been opened.


To say that vintage isn't really my thing I do like this - though at one point I thought it was heading for the bin.

I hope you join in with our challenge, you could win £20 to spend in the store, and who wouldn't like that!

I'd also like to enter this into the A Vintage Journey Winter Wonderland, Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes Christmas, and That's Crafty 'Tis The Season challenges.

Thanks for looking, and have a very Merry Christmas xx

17 comments:

  1. LOVE your vintage card- Merry Christmas! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Sue...vintage suits you. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue this is a real show stopper, if I was to receive one so beautiful I would have to frame it and would want to display it all year round. I'm a believer that Christmas is not just for Christmas as it brings family and friends together. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and Happiness and Health for 2018.
    Big Hugs and Warm Wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the red, green and rust Sue. Gorgeous poinsettia and backdrop. Lovely piece. Happy Christmas to you and your family and all the very best for a creative 2018. Hugs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed at how we each develop certain styles and color inclinations. This vintage look seems to be a natural for you, so I have to chuckle at that. I just love this design and wow, what cool old TH paper! :) Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this card Sue, I think you’ve captured the vintage style perfectly actually :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just had a catch-up on your wonderful blog and you have certainly made some wonders for Christmas.

    Thank you for the comment on my blog and have a great Christmas Time

    Hugfs Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good save... (from the bin). A great card, I certainly love the Vintage look and anything TH inspired as well!
    Wishing you a Happy Christmas, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vintage festive card and the touches of red on your elegant gent are a fabulous finishing touch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning, sue! A real work of art! Happy New Year to you and to your family

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your beautiful vintage card Sue! The background is gorgeous in those rusty tones and the gent is a wonderful addition. Well done for cracking open those packets! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    Thanks so much for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ended up with a lovely vintage card Sue! Love your background, the layered poinsettia and stems and the festive gent! thank you for joining us in the A Vintage Journey challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, I was surprised to read that vintage didn't feel right to you,because it looks so RIGHT to me! I love how you've changed that paper; I have that pretty much unused stack, too, so now I'm inspired to use it, rather than hoard it. Your rusty tones look fabulous! Thank you for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey! Happy New Year! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this beautiful dimensional poinsettia - thanks for sharing your project at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous, as all your do.
    A wonderful vintage card indeed!
    Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The vintage feel of this card is amazing. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd never have thought that colour combination could look so Christmassy - what a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.