Followers

Thursday 17 April 2014

Drip Drip Drop Little April Showers

When the lovely Carol chose the theme for the challenge at Stampotique this week she must have been channeling the weather forcast because I think we are going to have plenty of these this weekend. Here's what she has to say
" I love the early months of the year and to me I only have to hear the month April and instantly in my head the song from Bambi is playing, and I am now humming, drip, drip, drip, little April showers, so use water, rain and April showers as your inspiration this week" xx
So here's to April showers 
Not that album again I hear you groan. Well yep I'm afraid so because this is the one think that I started that I may actually finish!
This has the usual PanPastel, background with lots of inking and stencilling I've used Text Block 3, and the wonderful Raindrops by our very own Magda.
Don't you love these  Sunflowers by Janet Klein?They are having rain dripped on them from her Noage stamp.

They've been painted in Pebeo Fantasy paints. It's the first time I've tried them out so they're a little wobbly lol.
Drip, Drip Drop comes courtesy of France's new Typwritter Alpha which has already had lots of use. 
I've outlined some of the drops with the Pebeo outliner and filled with Glossy Accents.
The clouds have been stamped onto washi tape, blobs of Glossy Accents applied for more rain, and the usual border to finish.
So I now have another double side - you see I will finish this - maybe- someday :-)
Normally I have a favourite out of the new release stamps, but honestly this time they are all brilliant, I could have had them all (just give me time lol)
I'm entering this into a couple of challenges, PanPastel  still has a theme of Pretty Shabby Chic, and Fashionable Stamping is to use your favourite technique. Mine has to be my pastel, stencil and stamped background.
I hope you like my page, and don't forget the blog hop (post below) for the chance to see and maybe win some of the fab new release stamps.
Thanks very much for looking x

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece, and your album will be a right treasure when it is finished. Rain is forecasted here, too for the Easter weekend. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I love the way you've used the new daisy stamp here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I love your album! The colors are such fun and great use of the Pan Pastels! Well I am in CA and it is warm and sunny, so I will send you some! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE RAIN, it is the most relaxing sound in the World (not when it's causing damage may i add)but i do love walking, standing and being in the rain. This is the perfect challenge for me in some ways!

    Love your piece, stunning Raindrops and Typewriter Alpha use, gorgeous colours and great use of the cloud washi tape. I am smiling at the Sunflower being fed :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't say 'not that album again'!! i said 'oh cool, it's the next page in the album!' and the page turned out great!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page for your "not that album" again ! lol
    I actually think your album is a great idea and it will look fab when it is finished !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pages, love the flowers and the beautiful backgrounds. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic page. Your album will be a great and lovely work. Love the cute flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab page, the flowers look lovely & France's new alphabet stamp set is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shape of the pages and the wonderful things you are adding to them. This page is beautiful colours and images

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the second half of this spread, Sue, especially with Janet's great sunflowers (I chose them, too)! It is a cool artsy touch to have colored them the way you have. Lots of great detail here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pages Sue!
    Happy Easter!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful page to add to your album, Sue - and I hope you've now got some better weather. I'm sitting in Bonn in Germany in the most glorious sunshine - so I hope it makes it to the UK soon!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous artwork Sue, beautiful colours and I love the effect of that paint. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your album and the special shape! Wonderful pages too of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.