Followers

Saturday 18 January 2014

It's Hearts and Butterflies for PaperArtsy

The lovely Alison (aka Butterfly) is guest designer at PaperArtsy this week, and she has made a gorgeous hanging for our inspiration (here), and this is what I have come up with.



I started with a plaque from the MDF man and painted it in the same colours of Fresco paints that Alison used.
I then stamped and embossed the sentiment from Darcy 01. I thought the background looked a little bare, so I stamped the words from the Ding and Dong plate in gold and clear embossed. I had my usual problem with the wonky stamping. I do have a stamp positioner but it seems that it wont work if I leave it in the box lol. I then stamped the same stamp in coffee archival and clear embossed again.
I painted some book pages in reds and reds/greens, and stamped the butterfly and heart from the Darcy plates.




I added a touch of Frantage embossing powders in gold and green to finish off.

I enjoyed making this and will definitely try the 'blob and stipple' way of painting again.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend, and thanks very much for looking xx

18 comments:

  1. Sue, this is entirely gorgeous! Love the green background for the butterfly and heart and that gold is so luscious! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really effective. I love how glossy and gleaming it is. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lovely glossiness, and fabulous stamping. What a gorgeous piece, Sue - love the shape of your plaque too. Thanks so much for playing along!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say, I love the effect of the gold Frantage - lovely!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece with lovely details, glad you enjoyed blobbing and stippling! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and glossy, love the pen nib as the butterfly's body, genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great make Sue, fab choice of background colour

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning plaque, vibrant & sparkly, a true keepsake:-)

    Great stamps, love the nib as a body for the butterfly and the Frantage is gorgeous! Love your project:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous details and colours combo. Butterfly and heart stamped so gorgeous, and love the effect by the gold Frantage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ideas on your plaque and wonderful colours.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mesmerized by the glimmer of the Frantage! It's a really beautiful effect and I am making notes...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's stunning. I love the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's gorgeous, I need to learn to use my Frantage properly... love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a piece of art, Sue! I love the shimmer'n'shine, too! A winning plaque! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your take on Alison's hanging plaque Sue, great great!! :) Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this looks great, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful plaque! I love the colors, quote, and butterfly (especially its pen nib body)!

    I must've missed this PA blog post. Have to remedy that situation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.