Followers

Sunday 5 January 2014

A Heart Cluster For PaperArtsy





At PaperArtsy Towers Leandra's been a film star again on YouTube. I really enjoyed Day 3 which was a painted cluster. I'm not going to go into details because Leandra does it perfectly here.
I started by tinting the paste and arranging my bits and bobs.
I love my little cat, I made it in a mould with Plaster of Paris and it reminds me of my sadly no longer with us Princess. Most of the other stuff is jewelry bought in the sales and broken up.

Next a few coats of Bora Bora was painted on. I'd added the grungboard 2014 by this stage. Boy does that stuff hold water!
Added some Beach Hut, South Pacific, and Toffee and a fair few wet wipes.
Next came the Treasure Gold in silver, copper and sapphire. I'm still a bit heavy handed with this but I'm getting better. I was using the wrong brush (a stiff one) but now I've changed to soft and that's loads better :-)
This is my favourite bit - it's the best one of the colour too. We havn't had sunshine for days here but we're lucky in that we havn't had floods either.
This was great fun to do and a lot easier than I thought. The paint dried really quickly and I love the TG over the top. It picked up the texture in the Grunge Paste too. It's amazing how just using the proper soft brush can make such a difference.
I have to go and take down Christmas now - I hate taking it down, but it's only 353 days till next Christmas - ok shoot me now, I deserve it lol.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend, and thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project, I love everything about it, and the blue is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart! Wonderful piece, great colours! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the pa project Sue

    Happy New Year to you too

    Sam xxx

    PS Thanks for the 353 day reminder - lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this heart is gorgeous, Sue! Love the blue and all the texture. Happy New Year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Sue! I love it! I have been applying my treasure gold with my finger, so totally wrong! Will have to have a go at this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that's so pretty, Sue - gorgeous colours... the TG looks amazing against the blues!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on the PA piece Sue :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing heart with wonderful textures

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm late seeing this Sue. It is gorgeous & I love the little cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this looks beautiful!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, this is just remarkable work! The bits and bobs you have used seem unconnected at first, but were magically transformed when you gave them "the treatment!" Love the antique finish you achieved with your brush (even if it was the wrong one)! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do think I've lost my mind.

    I would have sworn that I told you how much I love this!

    You did a fabulous job with the technique and making it your own!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.