Followers

Sunday 17 September 2023

Happy First Birthday

 Good morning and a very happy Sunday. Next month my granddaughter turns one. Where has the last year gone! She's having a birthday party, so in anticipation of the hundreds of photos that I will be taking, I've made a mini album. I've used the fabulous Happy Birthday collection from Relatively Thoughtful, together with embellishments made from the Magic of Childhood collection.

Again I've used a Paul Lang-Ford tutorial (Papercrafting With Paul). It's the basic 8x8 album and I'll put a link at the end of this post.

Whenever you use one of Paul's tutorials you know that he will use every scrap of designer paper, and, the most important point to me - it will take lots of 6x4 photographs. I don't print my own photos so I need an album that will take the standard 6x4 format.

This is the bare album. The covers are made of chipboard, and as it's a folio the pages are built onto the base. It doesn't look much here does it, but the papers will make all the difference!

And this is how it looks with the Happy Birthday papers. The left-hand side is a waterfall, and both sides are held in place with magnets.

I've added some photos just to show how it looks, but I will be filling it with the ones from her birthday party.

The waterfall lifts up to reveal this double-page spread. The embellishments have just been laid in place. They'll be stuck down when the other photographs go in.

These are the photo matts. They are 4.25 x 6.25, so just ready for the photos. The album holds 23 photos in both landscape and portrait.

I cut a double matt for my shaker for the front cover.

Here's my gorgeous girl!

This lovely collection can be found here in Sally's store.

Digital Download

Paper Collection

As always there is new inspiration every day on our social pages.

Relatively Thoughtful

RT Create Make and Share

And Paul's Facebook group Papercrafting With Paul can be found here.

I'll be back later this month with the second side of my album, so I hope you'll join me then.

Take care and have a very happy week x









3 comments:

  1. What a little sunshine, Sue, she is gorgeous. I bet you will spoil her something rotten. Your beautiful album will soon be full to the brim! Hugs, Valerie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous Sue.
    Hasn't the year flown by!
    Such special times as she grows up, wishing her a very happy first birthday.
    Have a wonderful family time, your album will be full of special photographs.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet she is and a great start to the album too. Thanks for the comment over at mine. I saw what you said about the washi tape. If you are worried about it sticking run your heat gun over it a little to warm up the glue and it should come off easier though I do find that if you pull it gently toward you and keep it flat against itself rather than upwards as you pull, it generally comes off easily. Wishing you a very happy and creative week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.