Followers

Friday 9 July 2021

Blossom & Bloom

Good morning and a very happy Friday. Today I'm over at Country View Towers with my second project for our "Add A Stencil Or Two" challenge, and this time I've made a card.

Again I've used my long-neglected AALL & Create stamps.

I started by making a couple of inky backgrounds with my stencils and Distress Oxides. On the top one, I've inked through in the traditional way.

And on this one, I've inked the actual stencil, sprayed with water, and then laid on the page.


Then I've stamped the lovely Tracy Evans A4 stamp. Look away now if you're easily offended, 'cos I've actually cut the stamp in half so that it fits on my stamping platform! I've also held the paper down with masking tape as they are such 'sucky' stamps that they always want to bring the paper up with them. Well not this time lol!


These are my lovely stamps and stencils. The AALL & Create stamps can be found here in the store. 

To finish, I've used another of Tracy's stamps to pop up a centre for the flower. Again I've not added a sentiment yet as I'm not sure who will be receiving this. I also found paint chips in my stash (don't ask!) that matched the background colours so on they went!

I've really enjoyed using these stamps and definitely won't leave it so long next time.

Have a very happy day whatever you are doing, take care, and thanks so much for looking xx



8 comments:

  1. Fabulous piece Sue, love the colours and all the layers. I have a few stamps and stencils which I've cut to size, too, it's a good idea! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this so much. Brilliant layering and love the colours too. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! The stenciled colours look amazing and I love how you used the paint chips, they finish the card beautifully 😀. I have paint chips in my craft stash too, they seem to God to throw away ...lol! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Sue!!! I love the design and the idea of putting paint chips on the card as embellishment!!! LOL!!! Fantastic!!! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this is absolutly gorgeus

    ReplyDelete
  6. So grungy and edgy! Fab page, Sue. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a little different ...
    Well done.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The spraying onto the stencil then laying it down is a great technique Sue, for me gives better results that pushing it through. Love the colours and how you used the paint waste to embellish, i'm sure you will find the right sentiment when the time comes. Love it. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.