Followers

Saturday 1 September 2018

Paper Piecing For Lost Coast Designs

Good afternoon and welcome to my second piece of the day! Lots of new challenges starting today, including Lost Coast Designs, who have chosen Paper Piecing. Here's what I've made.

 I started by stamping the Carmen's Veranda Bird Collage on a sheet of acetate. I painted the branches, then stamped the birds and leaves on some patterned paper, cut out, and stuck down over the acetate.
I stuck this onto some paper from a Christmas pack. I put the glue where the birds were, this way it didn't show on the acetate. When it was firmly stuck down I sewed it in place.

I matted and layered onto some more paper from the same pack, and it's all done. 
I really enjoyed making this, it's ages since I've done some paper piecing. I'll see you later in the month with my second piece.
I think this is the last of my pieces for today, so I hope you join in with our challenge, and thanks very much for looking xx

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous creation Sue! So beautiful! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful... It's also ages since I've used acetate and papier piecing in this way.
    Great sample Sue, I love this stamp.
    Happy Sunday, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is so beautiful, I love the paper pieced birds and the backing tones in so well. Love!!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following me back! I get inspired by a lot of your work and enjoy it, so thought is was time to follow you :)!
    Love the paperpieced birds; gives them so much more interest! Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Sue, love your birdies, and have to try working with the acetate - <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely charming - your dotty birds are a treat. It has the feel of the American Primitive art style which always makes me happy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those polka dot birds Sue, lots of snippery gone into this piece and they look so charming against that paper background.
    Great way to display upon acetate & clever to hide that glue under those sweet Birdies.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.