Followers

Sunday 15 April 2018

A Rose Is A Rose

Good afternoon and welcome to my second post of the day - just like busses eh! There's a new challenge starting over on the Portal today, and it's one of my favourites 'cos it's what I do all the time, it's Stamped Backgrounds. Here's mine.


  I started by stamping the beautiful Roses stamp using my stamping platform as I wanted to stamp it in both colours. Then I painted it with Pebeo masking fluid so I could stamp the background over the top.

I love this Large Chickenwire Background, it's so crisp and clean and it fitted perfectly over the rose. Once the ink was dry I just rubbed the masking fluid away.

I coloured the flower with watercolour pencils and added some DecoArt Glamourdust paint for a bit of sparkle.

Then a Tim Holtz sticker just to finish it all off.
So put away your patterned paper, and join us for our stamped background challenge - you know you want to, and there's rubber up for grabs - that sounded better in my head!
Have a lovely afternoon, and thanks very much for looking xx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what a great idea to use masking fluid! It sure beats fussy cutting out a mask. The rose looks fab with the chicken wire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Sue. I love the technique with the masking fluid. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had to stop by from Valerie-Jael's blog, to say I really like this card.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your card and the technique you used Sue! Very cool.
    Looking at this Chickenwire stamp on the website, wow, they have so many gorgeous background stamps!!!
    Have a lovely week (with sunshine I hope!), I'm going to leave for Paris (Version Scrap) yipeeeeeee :)
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sue -- I love the Rose with your background and your coloring is so good!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rose is beautiful Sue, stamping it in two colours really brought it to life. The chickenwire background looks amazing too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect multicolour stamping of the rose and I love how it pops against the chickenwire.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Playing catch up Sue and love the simplicity of your pretty card. The rose is just gorgeous.
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect multicolour stamping for the rose, and I love how it pops against the chickenwire.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous colored rose, and love how you achieved stamping the background using , Pebeo masking fluid, holding the flower clear from chicken wire- thank you for the tip :-)
    It is a very beautiful card , Sue . Hugs Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.