Followers

Thursday 15 June 2017

We're All Going On A Summer Holiday

Good morning and a very happy Thursday. We're halfway through the month already, so it's time for a new challenge at Rubber Dance, and in keeping with the warmer weather, we've chosen Summer Holidays. Here's my holiday postcard.



I started by colouring a postcard with sprays and Distress Oxides. This was my first real play with the DO's and I was very impressed.

Then I started with the stamping, I've used Retro Beach and some bubble wrap and gesso for texture.

Obviously a postcard needs a stamp, so I've used a Norwegian one from Bibi that was on the envelope that my stamps came in. The postmark is from Artfully Stamped

These images are all from Retro Beach. I've made a Distress Oxide background, then stamped in a DO and sprayed again with water. I really do like the vintage effect.

Here they are all sewn down.

This is the nearest you'll ever get to a holiday postcard from me - it used to spoil my holiday thinking what to write on a card - a phone call is much easier :-)

So please get in the holiday mood and join in with our challenge, you may win some wonderful Rubber Dance stamps. 

As always the stamps are P&P free on orders 15 Euros and above by quoting SDFreeShip. Have a fun day, and thanks very much for looking x

8 comments:

  1. Terrific ideas on this postcard and a wonderful background.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous PC, love it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous postcard Sue, love the images stamped with DOX and sprayed, beautiful effect! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your postcard Sue, funnily enough I've just saved a couple of Bibi's stamps from an envelope to me too....spooky ha ha
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the gorgeous vintage images no how you stamped them and put them together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love these vintage distressed panels all layered up over the wonderful postcard background. Beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your postcard build up Sue, lots of clever additions to complement the Summer Holiday theme.. When I first scrolled down I thought the spray bottle was a Wine bottle haa haaa!! Maybe it's the thought of outdoor BBQ's in the UK Summer sun.. Enjoy your weekend.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card Sue!!! Thank you for the step by step instructions! I love the sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.