Followers

Monday 10 April 2017

Dreaming Of A White Christmas...

Good evening, and happy Monday. It's time for Team Kangaroo to set another challenge over at Season's Greetings. As always the theme is 'anything goes' but the optional twist this time is a colour board. This is what I've made 




And this was my colour palate, isn't it gorgeous! 
 I started by making my background. I used PaperArtsy Fresco paints and brayered a very simple background on smooth card.
Then added some pinks and plums. Background done!
This is a new to me stamp set, and I couldn't wait to use it. The girl reminds me of my sister and as she's been know to drink a small sherry at Christmas, this card is for her ;-)
Not much to see here, I wanted to watercolour her face and arms so I gave her a layer of clear gesso, and put her to one side to dry. I then promptly forgot that I'd done this, thought it was waste, and tried out some stamping! Luckily she isn't wearing this dress tonight!
Hair and make up done - check. I'm ashamed to admit that I took far more care to do hers than I ever do doing my own.
The little blue dress is an off cut from the base, you may recognise the holly pattern...
I must admit that I wasn't thrilled with it when it came to putting it together, so I left it for the night and took another look in the morning. I still had nothing, so I took a look at my favourite sketch challenge Mojo Monday and chose a sketch that I liked and worked around that. I made another painty background, and die cut some snowflakes etc and I was off again!
So team Kangaroo needs you! Please join in with our challenge - anything Christmas related, it doesn't have to be a card, and remember Anything Goes!
Thanks very much for looking, and have a great week xx




8 comments:

  1. Got a bit scared there when I saw Christmas mentioned but guess it's never to early to start and I love your card, gorgeous colour scheme. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Sue, I say every year if I made one Christmas card a week it would help with my Christmas melt down as i'm rushing to get mine finished. Anything with snowflakes is a winner for me, I may just have to join in with this one Tuesday.. Thank you so much for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card that would be great for a few of my friends and family

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never too early to make Christmas cards...I started mine in January! Fab card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one Sue, gorgeous colours and your fab sense of humour too!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow...I just love your card...especially the sentiment...gave me a good chuckle!!! Love how you created the background and shared it in your post.
    Hugs,
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Season's Greetings DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots and lots of lovelies here Sue and simply gorgeous. Colouring flesh scares me. You have done an amazing job here. Funny how we can leave something for the night and new ideas just pop in our head in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.