Followers

Monday 4 August 2014

A Blog Hop With A Difference

Hi, I've been tagged by the lovely Coco to take part in this blog hop, and tell you a little about myself. How come when someone asks you to talk about yourself your mind goes blank?
I've known Coco (you can find her here at Les Folies de Coco) for quiet a while, although we've never met except in blog land. She does the most amazing scrapbook layouts and cards in fact everything she does is wonderful. If you follow this link you will find out more about her too.
So I'm sat in the big black chair, the spotlight's on and I'm ready for question 1.
What am I working on now?
Well first of all I had to tidy up this....
So that I could play with this. It's air drying clay and I'm making some flowers and leaves.
I'm very pleased with the results, not bad for a first attempt, though it will be a couple of weeks before I use them.  This is so not like me, I don't plan anything in advance. If I did I wouldn't be typing this a few hours before I'm due to post it lol.
Q2 How does my work differ from others of it's genre?
Mmm to answer that I'd have to know what my genre is! I used to just make cards but now they're few and far between. I've never scrapbooked - I love other peoples but have never had the urge to make my own. I do like lots of colour, and sparkle, and I love to take a piece of plain paper (or whatever) and turn it into something else.





I also like to have a little humour in my pieces 
and a bit of grunge is good 

I'm not the worlds best sewer.
I like to try new things too - usually months after everyone else. I finally got around to making an ATB a couple of weeks ago.
Q3 
Why do I create what I do?
Now this is a really easy one - just because I enjoy it. I don't make something if I don't enjoy it. Life's too short isn't it. That's not to say that I don't stress if my mojo goes walkabout, and I have a very large bin under my desk! I go to work to pay my bills, and in my spare time I mess about with bits of paper. If I don't have any spare time I skip the cleaning and play about with bits of paper...
I absolutely love being on the Stampotique design team. They're the best group of ladies ever, and their stamps are my favourite - and I'm not just saying that lol. 
Q4 How does my creative process work?
It nearly always starts with the background. I love making backgrounds, usually involving lots of stamps and masks, and paints and inks....

I also like to have a quote somewhere in there..

One day I will finish this album :-)

So there, that's me, and if there's anything else you would like to know, please feel free to ask. So drum roll please for my nomination the lovely Jackie Payne of Scrap Bang Wallop. She's my teamie on the Stampotique design team and does the most amazing art journaling and scrapbooking with brilliant step by step instructions, and she'll be telling you all her secrets next Monday.
Thanks very much for looking and enjoy your week x

9 comments:

  1. Love those flowers and leaves! Good to find out more about you, you should make this a weekly series....Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love to see your makes and nice to get to know more about you

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know more about the crafting Sue! Love the photographes you put into this post !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sue, I had an absolute blast seeing again all these fabulous projects you show us that I really loved!!! Seeing them again and again, I find them even more beautiful, you can trust me! ^^
    I'm always amazedly and awed by your works, and I love your humour!
    So happy to learn a bit more on your process, thank you! (I'm like you, working to pay the bills LOL)
    Also thank you for the kind words (blushing haha...).
    Your desk is FABULOUS hahaha, as well as the flowers and leaves WOW, terrific embellishments for future projects! :)) Hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popped over to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Seems like I came at just the right time as I have really enjoyed reading your post and looking at your lovely work. I can identify with a lot of what you say ,especially your comment on housework ! Give me paper ink and paint any day ! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous reading more about you Sue. I love how you use humour in your pieces and your use of colour is fabulous . Love the pieces you have showcased. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading (and learning a bit more) about you and your art! I was thrilled to see a few pieces here that I had not seen before! I am a longtime fan, and always appreciate the humor in your work! Congratulations on the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun blog post, Sue! I loved learning a little bit more about you and your doings! What great projects you are working on. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed this wonderful post Sue, sorry! A beautiful and wondrous look into 'You', love your process and am always impressed with your projects. I get a lot of inspiration from you and it is always a pleasure to visit :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.