Followers

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Week 3 Already!!

I can't believe it's already my third week as visiting artist over at Gingersnap Creations. I was so chuffed to be asked, and then the panic set in, but I'm still here :o), and this weeks challenge on the 'get Organised' theme is to use your favourite papers. Mmmm, well I have about 6 'favourites' from plaint white ready to be inked, to Basic Grey which I should have bought shares in, but I settled on Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante as todays favourite lol.
My box started life as shiney and red and full of Lush goodies so it was already 10/10 in my book, and the fab thing was, the more I messed about with it, the more the smell wafted about. I LOVE Lush - that fragrance you get as you walk past the door. It makes my husband choke, but you can't have everything :o)
I had to cut up my lovely papers, which made me cry a little inside, but these things have to be done.' I've decoupaged bits and bobs, such as the top hat and her wings.
I've layered up the flowers here and added a bit of hologhraphic glitter for some sparkle. You can see this better I R L.
This side was made with the Graphic 45 paper, and some Hunkydory toppers that I got in a kit. I'm not usually a big fan of toppers, but I thought these fitted in nicely.
This is Hunkydory velum that I've inked over with Pine Needles Distres Ink. The images are Graphic 45 stamps that I've stamped onto tissue paper and torn around and stuck on. The dress form has been stuck onto a scrap of velum, then ribbled for a bit of texture. The heart on the ladies head is in antique silver (not real lol) and says 'memories'
This one shows it a little better, can you tell I love my new little camera :o)

The lid is my favourite bit, I love this falling guy sheet, and I've layered him and the bird up, added a couple of cogs that have been UTEE'd and stamped into, a little bit of hardware and a tassel that's been in my drawer for soooo long it squinted when it saw the sunlight.
I really enjoyed making this, and I can't wait to get over to Gingersnaps to see what all the fabulous 'snappers have creatated.
Thanks very much for looking x

I'm entering this into the 2 Sisters challenge, which is Use Metal, and
Simon Says Stamp And Show which is anything but a card.


20 comments:

  1. OMGosh Sue what a wonderful box - love it

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love your DP and the embellishments! Thanks for joining us this week at 2 Sisters Challenge blog!
    Hugs
    - Maria
    http://ms-chabi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the falling guy too!!fantastic!!hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous box Sue, I love love these papers by Graphic 45 and you have used them beautifully. Beautifully embellished. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous box Sue, so beautifully colourful. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue. this is amazing ! love all the bits and pieces you have layered. G45 papers are my absolute all time faves

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful box! Love the G45 papers and how you've used them to their best potential to create such a lovely piece. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow, gorgeous box, I love all steampunk style cards. I love how you have decoupaged the layers, they look amazing. Thank you for joining 2 Sisters Challenge blog this week :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful box! That range of papers is one of my favourites too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work as always! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful box...bit biased as I adore these papers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a breathtaking piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing piece. Love all the special touches and details. Thanks for joining us at 2 sisters challenge. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such a nice comment! I really think your G45 box is so cool!!! Love your work! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! What a gorgeous box! Great job! Thanks for playing with us in the 2 Sisters Challenge!
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow Sue this is simply stunning your detail is just amazing hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOLY COW THat is amazing! Thnakd for playing with 2 sisters this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Exquisitely crafted!
    So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another super project! Love those papers, especially the dangling man piece on top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.