Followers

Saturday 3 April 2021

The Birds And The Bees

 Good morning and a very happy Saturday, welcome to the weekend!. For my second Birds and the Bees piece for Country View Crafts I made an 80th birthday card for my Mum's birthday last month. We thought that she would be the only one not to have a lockdown birthday as she just managed to scrape in her celebrations in 2020 - who would have thought that lockdown would still be here in 2021!

This card was made using a Paul Ford tutorial, for which I am eternally grateful 'cos I had no idea what I was going to make until I saw it.


Aren't these Stamperia papers beautiful! I have a few pads that I got to make an album, so I can just about spare a few sheets lol.

I had to do quite a bit of cutting to get everything in the right place, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

This is the front.

And the inside.


And the inside opened out.


I do love the colours on this pad, it's made me want to make the album now. 

Please join in with our challenge and show us your birds and/or bees.

Take care and have a crafty weekend x



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I wonder how many birthdays will pass till Covid is no so dominant in our lives? Have a great weekend, happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful card ...

    Happy weekend and happy Easter wishes too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful, Sue!!! And so complex like your albums!!! Happy Easter and happy belated birthday to your mum!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning card! The design is amazing and I'm loving those Stamperia papers, the birds and images are so beautiful - love it 😁. I bet your mum loved it too, happy birthday wishes! Take care and thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card, with lots of cutting out, well done Sue! and really these papers are absolutely gorgeous!!!
    I'm sure your mum will adore this wonderful card-album!
    Have a nice week, hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly should be happy with it, it's gorgeous. I have always loved Stamperia papers they are so different and quirky too. Have a lovely creative week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful papers. I love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sue, this card is gorgeous! Yes, the papers are beautiful and you used them so very clever.
    My Mom "celebrated" her 80th birthday last year in April - well, we won´t be able to party this year too. I hope, we can make party for my Dad´s 90th birthday in November!
    Have a wonderful week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card for your Mom Sue, Happy Belated 80th Birthday. It's so hard to cut into those papers isn't it, just shows how extra special Mom is. Loving the layout there's amazing and generous tutors out there, you've really done this one credit Sue.
    I do love this theme, really miffed times so short for me this month. So sorry i'm late AGAIN.. off for a good nose again now.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.