Followers

Thursday 1 August 2019

Be A Unicorn

Good morning and happy Thursday. As I'm typing this we are in the middle of the most ridiculously hot weather EVER. We've had hot with sunshine, hot with cloud, and hot with thunder and lightening! I shouldn't be complaining should I, it is Summer after all.
It's also time for a new challenge over at Country View Crafts, and this time the lovely Miriam has chosen Texture. As it's also birthday card season part 2, I made a card for my niece.

I don't see my niece as often as I would like as she lives at the other end of the country, so I never know if she is going through a 'girly girl' or a 'grunge' phase, but everyone likes unicorns right?...

I started with my Distress Inks  and Oxides  in the same colours, and made an inky background.

 Then I used some thinlits dies to chop areas out. I also stamped the Pink Ink Designs unicorn stamp directly to the card. I stamped it again on a blue background and chopped out shapes and layered them over the original.


To add more texture I choped teeny tiny circles out of different scraps of card and added them.

 Of course every unicorn needs a horn, otherwise it's just, well... a horse! I like the pink one, Neil liked the multicoloured one, so of course it had to be the blue!

 Horn in place, and stitching and sequins for more texture and we just need a sentiment.

We all need to be unicorns in a field of horses don't we. 

This was a fun challenge though it really made me think, which is all good isn't it.
I hope you join in with us, just show us your texture and you could be our lucky winner who gets a £20.00 gift certificate to spend in the store.
Have a very happy week, and thanks so much for looking. 


16 comments:

  1. Your unicorn card is gorgeous, I am sure she will LOVE it - who wouldn't? Yes, too much hot, hot, hot this year. Sigh! Keep cool, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely beautiful and covers 'girly and grunge' all in one - it will be a sure hit!
    Isn't that a great quote too.
    I couldn't see where you are ... I'm assuming maybe a bit further north than me... in the UK? (and hopefully not where there's been floods)
    I'm on the Essex coast and a couple time last week we had all of our 11...yes eleven... fans on and it was still sweltering :(
    Hope it cools down for you soon..
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Sue - your niece will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun Sue! I love the textures from the die-cuts. I hope your niece appreciate the effort! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do love a unicorn and this one is so, so pretty. I think the blue horn was the right choice, it matches the dots and circles beautifully. I do love the other two colour choices too though... Hope the heat settles soon, we have gone from heat to torrential rain - never a dull moment here! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card it’ll sure be a hit
    Liveamanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes yes yes YES....!! We are so on each others wavelength Sue. We do all need to be unicorns. Fab card full of all that paper pieced texture, topped with the perfect choice of horn. Although i'm sure they carry a spare hee hee!!
    Weather here has been crazy too, HOT, cold, thunder, lightning, storms and flash flooding. I'm prepared for all weathers atm.
    Hope you are keeping well Sue? Have a smashing weekend
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sue it is a wonderful card to your niece, she will so love it,- the unicorn is a beauty, and on that pink background, wow with the turquise circles an d horn- a real gorgeous combination - with the black contrast of the died areas . xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!!! I love the text!!! And the blue horn was a perfect choice!!! Fabulous card!!! Have a nice weekend!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely great! I love art and I love inspirational art even more! Well done, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  11. great texture Sue - this is wonderful! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous card Sue ! I love playing with oxides too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Sue all girls love unicorns. Your niece will love it..so very pretty and great the way you die cut into it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unicorns do always work :-), we all need unicorns!
    Lovely card!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Full of fantasy and delight. Whether she's girly or grunge she's bound to love this.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. My grand-daughter loves Unicorns :)
    This is lovely Sue.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.