I recently went on a Powertex workshop which I enjoyed very much, so I was keen to try it out at home before I forgot everything that I'd learned.
These are my 'ingredients', I've bought some moulds so I've been busy making plaster of Paris fairies (I'm not really a fairy person but they do look nice). The cloth is a loosely woven cheesecloth, and I'm using Ivory Powertex. The tags are from the MDF Man and the base tag is HUGE.
So everything stuck down and dried. Time to add the blues and greens.
This is a Powertex colour mixed with a waterproof varnish. This green is looking a bit scary, what have I done!
I added some blue Powertex colour - maybe I should paint it all white and start again!
I'm not going to go into details because I'm not Powertex trained, but there's lots of dry brushing with paler blues and greens, and on the bottom tag I've started to add some metallic colour.
It did look 'nice' when it was finished, but it wasn't really me!
It definitely needed grunging up a bit! So I've gone round the edges with some Prima Rust Paste.
I've also hit the textured areas with Finnabair Alchemy Waxes.
That's better! There's also some embossing with a patina embossing powder and Frantage.
Although a non-fairy person I do like these.
I coloured the ribbon with Distress Inks for the top of the tag.
And we're all done! I added on of my P of P suns that had been painted with White Fire Fresco.
I really enjoyed making this, especially when I added a little bit of 'me' to it. There's still a week for you to enter our challenge, so please get out your blues and greens and join in.
Enjoy your weekend, and thanks very much for looking xx