Followers

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Hearts For DecoArt

Good morning and happy Tuesday. A while ago I had a play with a canvas, some moulds, and just about every piece of DecoArt Media Line that I possess. This is what I made.



I started by making my plaster of Paris hearts. These are quite detailed moulds and I was very happy with how they turned out.

While they were drying I prepared my canvas. I've used doilies, and DecoArt Crackle paste through a stencil. I've also stuck various bits and bobs like sand balls and tiny beads.

When the crackle paste was dry I added lots of watery washes of DecoArt Media Paints. I then decided that multi coloured worked better in my head, so I would need a plan B. I brought out all my shades of purple and the Quin colours for their transparency.

Much nicer! You can still see the colours underneath but it has a much more coherent feel.


I love how the watery paints have pooled.

I've used gold Metallic Lustre over the heart, it gives it a wonderful shine.

So does the silver.

Stamping and embossing on tissue paper.

The sentiment has also been stamped and embossed on tissue paper, and a few sequins added to finish off. I was lucky enough to have this included in Craft Stamper magazine this month, so I'm a very happy bunny.

I'm entering this into the Mixed Media Monthly challenge Altered Embellishments.
Have a great week, and thanks very much for looking x

3 comments:

  1. Love your canvas and the gorgeous colours and techniques you used. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of work went into making this amazing canvas. It is so beautiful.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Sue, looks like a galaxy when a new star is about to be born...how deep is that?!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.