Followers

Sunday 7 August 2016

Mad As A Hatter

Good afternoon and happy Sunday. Have you seen enough of the Olympics yet?  I love it, Neil watches it dawn till dusk (or till he falls asleep clutching the remote) so after my general Dobby the House Elf/Nurse Ratchet duties are finished I slope away to my craft room, and nobody notices :-)
That being said I've got about 40 minutes left of a two week challenge to blog this so I better get on with it lol.
I made this for the Paper Artsy Colour Mixing challenge.




It's no secret that I love my bright colours, so I went with mixing the 3 primary colours. I chose opaque and translucent yellows and blues, and a translucent red. Just applied with some foam, with a bit of stencilling and random text stamping.


I stamped the text in black Versamark, and  white paint fresco paint.


I chose 3 sets of clown stamps - I don't want to know how long I've had these! They've all been stamped onto tissue paper and the faces have been painted white on the reverse.


I didn't know If I could colour my ribbon with fresco, but now I do, and yes you can! 
I'm also entering this into the Thats Crafty Zesty Zing challenge - I actually used Zesty Zing fresco, so that's good :-), and the Craft Stamper challenge Stencils and Masks.

Right I need to press the send button now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks very much for looking xx



9 comments:

  1. I am fed up with the Olympics already as I hate sport; doing it, watching it, whatever ! lol I love your tags though and if the Olympics enable you to make this sort of stuff, bring on the Olympics ! lol
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watched Andy Murray win his first match. Everything else seems to be talking Grrr.

    Love the bright colours and diversity of this set

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my book, art trumps sport any day of the week! Well done, Sue. Even with the brightest of colors in your very interesting backgrounds, your foregrounds are not the least diminished. Great use of stencils here. And a perfect place for your clone stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you can now tell that I dictate my comments! That should have been clown stamps, not clone stamps.

      Delete
    2. Okay, you can now tell that I dictate my comments! That should have been clown stamps, not clone stamps.

      Delete
  4. In my book, art trumps sport any day of the week! Well done, Sue. Even with the brightest of colors in your very interesting backgrounds, your foregrounds are not the least diminished. Great use of stencils here. And a perfect place for your clone stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic trio!!!!
    I don't know who is the winner to the PA challenge (not entered in myself), but if not yet drawn Good Luck! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love your tags and your play with Fresco paint! AMAZING! I had a thing for circus for years upon years and this really takes me back to the good ole days. Ha! Great great projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.