Followers

Saturday 1 June 2013

A Darcy(ish) Coaster for PaperArtsy

It's a new week at Paperartsy Towers and the wonderful Darcy has certainly filled me with inspiration.  She kicked off with some altered cork coasters. OK coasters duly 'borrowed' from coaster pile....
I followed Darcy's instructions right up to the 'rub with baby wipe' and I rubbed, and rubbed and nothing came off. So I rubbed a bit harder and bits of cork came off! So I painted over them and started again :-) One is in Baltic Blue, Sky, Orchid, and Sherbet, and the other in Haystack Autumn Fire and Smoked Paprika.
Next they were sprayed with Denim and Cranberry Colour Washes. I left everything to dry naturally the second time rather than blasting with the heat gun.
Stamped and rubbed again and this time it brought all the colours out from the previous attempt - and took the ink off. Never mind, I liked the background so I stamped it again using the JOFY 12 set and coloured in a bit with Zesty Zing, Limelight and Autumn Fire
These were great fun to make, and I love that if it all goes wrong you just paint over and start again.
Thanks very much for looking and enjoy your weekend x

15 comments:

  1. I love how they have turned out, and I am glad I am not the only one where things sometime go wrong! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful and worth the time and tribulation of the trial/error process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh fab coasters Sue, they look great with those stamps

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Sue, wonderful backgrounds and love the flowers. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sue, these coasters look wonderful. So nice and colourful too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I love the end result, sometimes we have happy accidents and things turn out way better than we think they are going to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great, the colours are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely! Well done and it's nice to know that when things go wrong it's not necessarily the end of the story - success can be round the corner! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are terrific coasters Sue.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful coasters, I love your technique and your stamped images on it.. Fab tiny work !! Happy Sunday Sue. Coco xxx
    (and I subscribed to your posts by email too since I love your work... Thanks for the possiblity to follow you by this way, it's the best for me !)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are lovely. I am glad that I am not the only one where things go wrong.

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the coasters... well worth pushing through as the end result is lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, they came out really cute! love how you are so honest! lol great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The coasters look fabulous!
    Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.