Followers

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Beware Spiders!!

The very talented Silvia has chosen the theme this week at Dragons Dream Tag It On, and she has picked 'Handle With Care'.  The ingredients are something fragile, an animal and a warning.
This really had me thinking, then I noticed some of my Halloween stamps that hadn't gone away. This led me down the path of spiders web - fragile check. Spiders - animal check, and a warning. Well if spider venom isn't a warning I don't know what is!
I started with Distress Inks in purple, orange and blue, then stamped my web stamp all over. I sprinkled various embossing powders over the top to give it a more realistic look, then stamped LOTS of spiders.
This is how it looked before the top layer of acetate was added.
I stamped more spiders on the acetate and the spider venom warning.
A bit of ribbon and a brad to finish, and all done. 
I found this great fun to make once I knew what I was going to do.
So please join us in making a tag using Silvia's ingredients, then we can come and take a look.
Thanks very much for looking x

8 comments:

  1. this is such a great tag, love the spideys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices on this tag.The background is beautiful

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really great tag and great background!trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've stolen my idea :-) no, just kidding ... have to think of something different then.
    Your tag is absolutely stunning!
    Best, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool, such a fabulous take on this recipe, a wonderful tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag though I once had a nightmare about spiders crawling up a wall (which was nowhere near as lovely as the background on your tag!) so I won't linger too long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag Sue, love the addition of the acetate layer

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very timely warning for us all... I hate it when they all start flocking indoors! But not as much as I hate slugs, mind you! Great tag...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.