Followers

Friday 28 October 2011

Eww That Smells Like Poison..

.. and so it should 'cos over at Stampotique this time the challenge is to alter a poison bottle. When I first saw this I thought 'see you next time', but I decided to give it a go.
Now I'm right out of poison bottles, but I do have a nice body spray in a fetching shade of blue so I thought I would use that.
I sprayed it with some black webbing that I have had for at least two years and never tried. Note to self this comes out fast and covers a bigger area than an angry volcano.
Then I melted some bees wax in a bit of tin foil and added some red pepper alcohol ink and drizzled it down the bottle top to look like blood. It kind of ran across not down, but my poison defeats the law of gravity (and it was hot so I wasn't going to mess with it lol)
I also had another 99% empty perfume bottle (don't know why I don't throw it away 'cos it hasn't sprayed for years) so I donated it's top to alchemy... I painted it silver then gave it another blast of said webbing spray.

To make this Stampotique poison rather than any old poison I stamped the guys from the Halloween cube onto shrink plastic and attached them with wire around the top.
The poison letters have been cut with the Tim Holtz Once Upon A Time strip die.
I did enjoy making this in the end, and it looks fab now sat on my window sill with my other lotions and potions.
To see how poison bottles should look, head over to the Stampotique challenge blog.
Quick Edit. I decided that I wasn't happy with the wire, so I put the ghoolies on jump rings on a length of ball chain around the bottle.
I'm a happy bunny now lol x

19 comments:

  1. Love the shape of this bottle Sue, love the webbing spray too. Your poison bottle is fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poison bottle looks great. Your webbing spray sounds very intriguing, never heard of it before, looks good though! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Sue, very gruesome looking! Sam :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poison bottle ! very inventive thinking. I have some of that webbing spray somewhere,think I used to use a cardboard box to try and contain it to where I wanted it to go !

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, just wow, love it ! the shape of your bottle, the details , everything. thanks for sharing your cration at SDC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love poison bottle! So spooky! I will have to look for the webbing spray! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning!! Love each and every detail of your bottle. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you went for it Sue and this bottle is fab. I used shrink plastic too and now have a load of tiny skulls sat on my desk with nothing to do!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamptique again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, LOVE IT!!! That shocking blue 'poison' at the bottom looks positively lethal!! LOL! The webbing really did the trick! Really brilliant creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Stampotique this week!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful take on this challenge! Thanks for joining us at SDC# 41.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I for one am sure glad u joined in at the SDC cuz this is awesome! Oh I sure do even love those little shrinky guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous bottle and I love the crackled effect on it. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow love your altered bottle! Such an unusual bottle... has a bit of an eastern feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous bottle......I love that webbing spray!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colour and contrast of textures in this bottle. I liked the guys sticking out but can see why you moved them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. FABULOUS bottle Sue. Fancy being all out of bottles! lol

    Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of these, they are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous bottle! love the stunning blue liquid. very eerie Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.