Followers

Thursday 4 September 2014

Refresh It For Stampotique

Kaz is our hostess of the week and here is her challenge:

We all love playing with new stamps, but sometimes it's good to revisit some that have been neglected for a while. I'd like you to find an old favourite and give it a new lease of life.
Here's one of my old favourites

I've given Marilyn a toned down version of the Andy Warhol treatment, and she's been coloured with Distress Inks and Prisma pencils. Beauty has just been cut from Beauty Verse. Marilyn was my first 'grown up' Stampotique stamp, there is just something about her... I saw an exhibition in York recently and there were photographs by George Barris (not the original I'm guessing) of Marilyn on Santa Monica beach in a big baggy cardi and she was a true natural beauty - without hair extensions and botox!
I had a great time making this, even though I had to mask, and cut straight - that's normally a bit beyond me, so thanks for a great challenge Kaz.
I hope you join in with us, and dig out your old favourites. Remember there are 2 $30 gift certificates for the lucky winners this month.
Thanks very much for looking x

8 comments:

  1. Lovely project, she was really a beautiful lady. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent colouring on this fab project

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Sue, especially with all the cutting and positioning!! I wouldn't have been brave enough to do that!! Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this ! Popart is so cool !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic stamp Sue, great to see such beautiful colouring and also a hark back to the Andy Warhol style. Love seeing your older stamps:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The is pop art at its best in the Andy tradition, Sue! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, and this is absolutely gorgeous Sue, I love Andy Warhol and all your Marilyn! Enjoy your week-end, hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.