Followers

Friday 26 September 2014

Christmas in September!

Well yesterday we had Halloween and today it's Christmas - my this year is going fast lol.
One of the projects at PaperArtsy  that really caught my eye was Wanda's Christmas cards. I really like the way she applied the paint so thought I would give it a go. Here's mine.
These are made with the new Lin Brown Limited Edition Paints. I usually have a favourite, but I really can't choose one from this set, they are all gorgeous.
Made with the ELB11. I even dusted down my sewing machine for this one.
The Santa is from Hot Picks 04, and the sentiment from ELB11 again. I couldn't resist a bit of sparkle for his beard.
This is from Christmas HP02, and the sentiment from ELB12
This is from LP016
So there we are, 4 more cards done for Christmas, and I really enjoyed learning this technique, and it's one I shall definitely use again. It's surprising how little paint is needed, I had to mop up far more than I used :-)

Hope you like them, and thanks very much for looking x

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love the painted background, all really gorgeous! I expect Easter cards from you next....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards Sue. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fab, sue, especially the Russian doll!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards Sue, great technique isn't it, quick and simple but very effective

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking that background technique also, lovely stamps and lovely cards :-) xxx

    Got my sewing machine out and made some sewn Christmas cards, simple yet effective not sure if i want to make a lot of them though lol :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful backgrounds that show case the stamps Sue

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous designs Sue.
    Have great weekend.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, the background technique gives a beautiful result and the dash of sparkle is perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards, great background Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.