Followers

Friday 5 September 2014

Plenty More Fish

This is my second piece for this months Country View Crafts Nautical challenge.
I do two different types of slide mailers, those that turn out ok, and those that are filed in the bin under my desk. There really is no in between for me lol.
It's all been made with PaperArtsy stamps from plates HP1111, 1112, and 1202.
I started by applying Fresco paints with some cut and dry foam. I've used Ice Blue, South Pacific, Sky, Mermaid, Beach Hut, Baltic Blue, and Snowflake
This is the front cover. I've used Clear Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste through the Map Mask and rubbed over with silver Treasure Gold when dry. The lighthouse is shrink plastic - I do love my shrink plastic lol.
The birds are from the Dina Wakley Birds in Flight stencil, and my bubbly sea is just painted bubble wrap. I really like the randomness of this.
This is bubble wrap stamping and also a Lin Brown stencil. The slides are stamped with fishes from the plates above.
This is the back, I've used some stamp board which I need to leave on my desk so that I use it more often. I love this stuff but once it gets neatly tidied away I forget about it. And yes, although I am a VERY messy crafter everything does go back into it's place, otherwise I would never find anything again :-) Bottom right is another Memory Glass piece which has been edges in the Treasure Silver.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and hope that you will play along with us too so get off your Perch and get your Skate(s) on and make something nautical. I'm sorry, the voices in my head made me say that lol.
Thanks very much for looking, and have a happy crafty one xx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, nautical piece, and love the colours. It turned out really well! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colours and images and wonderful that you have done the back of it as well

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project,love this.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous project Sue, you've got me thinking now - where's my slide mailer?
    Enjoy the weekend.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love the fresch color blue. And wonderful stamping. Thanks for inspiring me Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project haven't used side mailers for a long time!!!!!
    You made me laugh about putting everything back after you have finished ... I'm impressed !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic creation, Sue! Haven't had a chance to properly welcome you to the team - it's great to have you on board!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Sue, I totally love this project... Your mailer is really beautiful, and you did a great use of extra materials like these stampbord pieces, so lovely on your back!! Wow! Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.