Followers

Sunday 14 September 2014

A Loving Heart

There has been lots of inspiration flowing from PaperArtsy  Towers so far this month, and one that really caught my eye was Gillian's canvas using the new Darcy stamps. The colours are gorgeous and as this set had recently landed on my door mat I was keen to give them a try.
The bit that really brought mine to life was the paint spatters. It was all looking a bit brown up to then but the paint gave it a bit of a kick! I even got my crackling to work, so definitely a result:-)
I've used Darcy 09, for the feathers, Sara's ESN 11 for the background and the quote, and Ellen's EEV 08 for the inkwell.
I've learnt lots making this, put on a fair bit of crackle and it WILL work, be bold with the spatters, and how to colour the feathers so thanks very much Gillian. I'm now going to make some PA Christmas cards :-)
Enjoy your Sunday, and thanks very much for looking xx

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas, great colours, LOVING the splatters. The quote is wonderful.

    Enjoy making your Xmas cards:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation Sue,love everything about it especially the colours used,brilliant canvas :)

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the background, and the feathers are just wonderful!! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was much taken by the canvas too, and hope to find time before the end of the month to have a go - yours is gorgeous, Sue! There is something about paint spatters that just works, I agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those white spatters really bring it to life !
    It's beautiful !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love how the feathers are so bold, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The canvas background is just stunning, love the shading of the darker blues, brilliant piece. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so perfect, sue! I just love how your feathers came out and the contrast of the colours!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab creation using your PA goodies my dear Sue, I love this striking canvas!!! Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fabulous Sue! The splatters are the perfect finishing touch, aren't they?!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous. I love the feathers, must get that stamp set........

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! what a fabulous canvas Sue! I love you have use colours combo and crackle xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I'm so late commenting, Sue! Life's been a bit hectic and I seem to be constantly running to catch up with myself! This is just fabulous! I loved it when I saw it on Facebook and it's so nice to take a good old, leisurely look here. I love those feathers and the white spatters are such a terrific touch. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic canvas, love the splatters and the crackle... I have lots of issues with that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab canvas - I love the background. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.