Followers

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Monkey See, Monkey Do....

Hi, it's my pleasure to be hosting the challenge today at StampotiqueNapoleon once said that the English are a nation of shopkeepers.What he should have said is that we are a nation of animal lovers. Nearly everyone I know has got a cat or dog, a pet rabbit or bird, and I know that my Stampotique teamies have their pets too. So this week we're celebrating the fur and feathers and I challenge you to create something with either animals or birds. So put your best paw forward and bring it on.

Here's mine 

Yep it's that chipboard album again lol. I started with lots of paints and stencils for my background then stamped Text Block 3 in ink and Splatter Long in white paint.
I liked it but thought maybe it was a little bright/overpowering for a background, so feeling very brave (or stupid) I went over it all with some watered down white acrylic, and thankfully I liked it much better - PHEW.

I blobbed some Glossy Accents over my stencilled lollypop trees.
Poor old Flying Monkey has been sadly neglected lately so he's had an outing. I love the saying 'monkey see, monkey do'it describes me perfectly. The only way I can learn how to do anything is by doing it. 
For this I've also used
Tree
Oh Tree
Wee Owl
Kitty

It would be great if you could join in with our challenge, and bring out the feathers or fur. I can't wait to see what you make. Have fun! x

I've just seen that the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is make your own background, so I'm entering my journal into that, along with Stamping Sensations who's challenge is Things With Wings.
Thanks very much for looking x

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,fab design,love the monkey and lollipop trees.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination of stamps, Sue! You have created such a fun scene with your (watered down white acrylic) background--which I love! Great use of your tree stamps here! Lastly, love the humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your MDF page brought a big smile to my face Sue, love the monkey sitting on top of the tree but my fave part has to be kitty not really looking comfortable on his branch.

    Love this weeks theme, thanks for the smile ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation Sue, I love that you went over the bright background to tone it down. Your brave!! It turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is brilliant Sue.....may just have to wake grumpy koala up for a stamping to enter then :)

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun piece, just love it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Sue! It's a fab challenge thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all the layers and details on this Sue, it's a wonderful page, made me smile :)
    Wishing you a lovely weekend, big hugs from Poppy and me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the backgrounds and the cute images!! Very sweet!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Sue! Thanks for setting such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous an inspirational piece of artwork Sue.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great take on our challenge, Sue! Love the characters. Fab background too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know how much I love this much :))) Fun, cute, fantastic!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.