Followers

Sunday 6 June 2010

Messing About With Beeswax

Here is my entry for this weeks Lots To Do Challenge which is Beeswax. I've been uming and ahing about buying a meltin pot for ages. I love all things gadgetry, but I have been know to leave them in the box when I've bought them, and just dust 'em occasionally. The little pot definitely won't fall into this catagory 'cos it's fab. It does what it says on the tin, it melted the wax, and kept it at an even temperature, and I didn't have to mess about with heat guns and mince pie tins. (boy those mince pies were good though)
I brayered a tag in blues and greens, and covered with tissue using the melted wax.
I've used some Tim Holtz stamps, and some of his film ribbon (love this stuff)
I've also used the wax to attach some Beadazzles, postage stamps, and the wood chips. I've put rub on flowers onto these and coated again with wax.
I'ts good to be dipping my toe into crafting again, and I really enjoyed this challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Great to see you again and know you have not lost the craftin' bug. Gorgeous piece so many interesting ways to use wax love the way you used it to attach the tissue. Take care & have fun xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - great to see you back in the world of craft and what a stunning piece you have produced

    Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sue I love this and all the other art work on your blog hope to see alot more of you :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag Sue, love all the elements and the fab colour

    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over on Lotstodo this week - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.